“Impeccable service and amazing food”

Cool River Cafe - Dallas
Reserve with OpenTable
Cool River Cafe - Dallas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 588 Restaurants in Irving
Price range: US$45 - US$55
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I was so impressed with Cool River Cafe. The food was all delicious, one of the best steaks I've ever had. The service was equally as impressive. The servers were polite, helpful, and attentive. It was worth the drive from downtown Dallas.

Management response:Responded 16 August 2017

Aryn,

Thank you for the great review. We take pride in our food & service quality and we are so happy it exceeded your expectations. Looking forward to having you in again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

I have been meaning to give a review about my business celebration dinner a few months ago. I will have to say ...hands down it was a great night. My company was great and the Cool River Cafe staff and service made it even better. The food ...especially the steak was nothing less then spectacular. First time eating here and I will definitely be back.
Oh and I almost forgot...the after dinner cigar and bourbon was great too!!

Management response:Responded 1 August 2017

Thank you so much for the great review! We hope to have you and your company in again very soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

I am going to this excellent restaurant and bar many times in the past and had a business dinner here on a Tuesday night. My before-dinner drink service by Brittany was excellent. She was friendly and efficient.

Philip, our server in the restaurant was also very good. I was disappointed to see that they have changed their dinner menu. They have completely eliminated salad as a choice of appetizer. The only way to get a salad is to order it with an entrée. One of my colleagues tried to order it separately and was told it was not possible.

I had their smoked chicken with broccoli and it was very good. Another colleague that they enjoyed the stuffed shrimp.

It was a very good meal. They also have an incredibly large bar area with side rooms with comfortable seating.

There was just something about the change in their dinner menu and especially the illumination of salad that bothered me. Their choice is at variance with many other steakhouses.

Management response:Responded 1 August 2017

Mohsman,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your ongoing business and are happy you always enjoy the atmosphere and service. However, we are so sorry to hear about your experience with ordering the salads. You certainly can order a salad without an entree and we are looking in to your experience to make sure this issue does not happen again. We recently had a collaboration with one of Dallas's most notable chefs, Kent Rathbun, and have added some new items, and revamped some of the originals. I hope you come back in again soon and we can walk you through the new options! Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I've always enjoyed my dining experience at Cool River and this time was no different.

Drinks : A fully stocked bar with a great wine selection.

Food : Their new menu looked great and we tried a bunch of different things since it was a party of 8. I ordered the KC Steak and it was exquisite! Loved the presentation too.

Service : Our waiter was awesome! He had good suggestions and took care of the table at all times. Definitely a highlight!

Pricing : Not an inexpensive restaurant but you pay for the fine dining experience and good food.

Will I return: Absolutely!

Management response:Responded 24 July 2017

Thank you for the review! We just finished a menu revamp so we are thrilled that you enjoyed everything. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I had a business lunch there this week, just two of us. We hostess seated us immediately and then the chaos began. Under the guise of customer service, the waiter was a constant presence to the point of utter irritation. And when it couldn't get better, or worse, the manager came by to intro himself etc. This is not my first time experiencing the level of service, again, intended to be good but instead an utter irritant. The constant replacing of not-even-half finished drinks, the asking and explaining of additional plate need (none was needed), or explanation of what was being done to address the to go food from lunch (box, bag, sticker, utensils) was nonsensical. Overall the food was good but I hesitate to return because of the service.

Management response:Responded 17 July 2017

Mary,

We are so sorry that you felt the service was intrusive. We strive to make sure each guest leaves happy and check in periodically to ensure this. We will take your review into consideration for future guests.

Been to Cool River Cafe - Dallas? Share your experiences!