“False advertising”

OR
Get food delivered
Ranked #58 of 684 Restaurants in Irving
Dining options: After-hours
Description: For more than 65 years, Denny's has been bringing people together over great food. It's the place where people can relax and be themselves while enjoying classic American comfort food and everyday value. Whether it's appetizers, breakfast, lunch or dinner, we pride ourselves in serving our guests the diner food they love including favorites like Moons Over My Hammy®, Sizzlin' Skillets, hand-dipped Milk Shakes, 100% Beef Burgers and the world-famous Build Your Own Grand Slam®. And now, you can bring the diner home by ordering diner classics or our NEW! Family Packs. See you at Denny's.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

I very rarely complain about a business of any kind but this place upset me.
looked at the menu... saw a Cob salad. Ordered just that, and a coffee.
The salad was nice. Coffee fine. Waiter attentive. Then the bill came, and I immediately noticed an extra $4. 00 for prime rib... when I questioned the waiter be became quite annoyed. Telling me that the salad does NOT come with protein and the $4.00 was the added protein... when I looked at the menu and the photograph of the cob salad.... WITH MEAT..there was no indication that the meat on the salad would be an extra charge. Nowhere on their menu did it say there would be an extra charge... at the register the cashier kept insisting. Which made me very angry. How can they get away with this ... i refused to pay the extra $4.00. If I had been told there was an extra charge for protein. Before I ordered, then it would have been up to me whether I got the meat or Not... i do NOT recommend this Dennys to anyone.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (250)

Reviewed 19 April 2020

I ordered some food online and got the curb pick up service. It was a great experience. When I arrived at the restaurant, the food was ready and warm. The lettuce from the wrap was a little bit old though!

Date of visit: April 2020
Reviewed 2 March 2020

We stayed across the road and found this place to be good value with good quality food. Definitely a step up from Traditional fast food places. I have a grilled chicken dish that was very tasty.

Date of visit: January 2020
1  Thank RichandLou720
Reviewed 30 November 2019

Thanksgiving evening we knew it would be hard to find a place open for dinner. My wife and I and another couple chose this place because it was near our hotel. As we read the menu, we overheard people at a
table near us say they'd been waiting 30 minutes for their food. When the waitress took our order I noted the time - 8:46 p.m. We ordered a club sandwich and pancakes and sausages; nothing fancy. It took the kitchen an hour and 55 minutes to prepare and serve our food. I had to fetch our silverware. I ordered a piece of pie when I first ordered since it was Thanksgiving. I have to ask a second time for that and strongly suggested it needed to arrive in the next five minutes. I also strongly suggested our check needed to arrive in the next ten minutes or we were leaving without paying for the meal. The front dining area had dirty dishes and clutter on every table. There might have been two couples dining in the front dining area. We sat in the back dining area near the server entrance to the kitchen. To top off the problem, two groups of people who arrived after we ordered received their food first. And we also discovered that phone in and web app orders were being prepared first. The evening manager made no apologies and offered nothing to us or the other customers inside who complained about the slow service.Denny's needs to revoke the franchise license for this sub-par facility. Oh, I give it one star because it was open Thanksgiving. Otherwise, half-a-star.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 5 August 2019

Staying in a nearby hotel and we wanted something small for dinner. Conveniently located without having to get on a highway! Service was quick and food was good. It's Denny's so nothing fancy.

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Denny's? Share your experiences!