US$105
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$123/night.

Delta Street Inn(Jefferson)
US$99
US$99
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjay gouldhistoric hotelgrant roomlady birdbiscuitsstayed one nightcosmetic repairshistoric treasuremy husband and ithe wi fibed coversantique storesnext morninggeneral storebeautiful roomghost storiescarriage ride
Reviewed 2 February 2018

We stayed one night in January in the middle of a rare winter arctic blast. It was 9 degrees overnight with snow, sleet, ice mixture. We stayed in room 212, The Grant Room, in the original, historic section of the building. The night we arrived, the Garden Club put on a home-made chili supper, which was great! All you can eat chili, all the fixings, drinks and dessert for $10 right there in the dining room. Getting to our room, we found it was large, very clean, the beds comfortable and the Wi-Fi was decent. Unfortunately, the only heat was provided by a window AC/Heater and it was just barely enough to keep up with the temp outside. About 3:00AM, the toilet no longer worked and there was no water from the sink faucets or shower - the water lines had frozen. Evidently the lines run along an outside wall or something as the room was chilly, but certainly not freezing cold. The next morning, we got up early and went down to the lobby where Phyllis greeted us and after telling her about the water lines, she made a working bathroom available for us. She had fresh hot coffee ready and we spent the next hour swapping stories and learning the history of the hotel. Phyllis was a joy to visit with and just could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Despite the water & heat troubles, we considered it part of the adventure of staying in a 150+ years old hotel and really enjoyed our stay. Will stay here again the next time we're in the area and swap more stories with Phyllis.

Room Tip: The Grant Room was clean and quiet with comfortable beds.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kenneth R
Reviewed 21 January 2018

This was our first stay at the Excelsior House. The employee that checked us in was super-friendly and even showed us around the property, giving us the history of the hotel and showing us pictures of its early days. We enjoyed complimentary hot coffee both that evening at check-in as well as the next morning when we awoke. I was thrilled with our room. It was clean and beautifully furnished. The bed was comfortable and the linens were heavy. We enjoyed a very peaceful night with no noise from the hallways. We stayed in room #201 which I believe was the furthest from the desk, so the wifi was hit & miss (mostly miss). But that wasn't a deal-breaker for us. We just used data for the short time we needed the internet. And those stairs can be steep but we navigated them just fine. It's an old building. For posh & polished perfection a chain hotel might be in order. But for the quaint beauty & comfort, The Excelsior House fit the bill for us perfectly. Beautiful hotel, beautiful room, restful sleep. Will definitely be returning!

Room Tip: Room #201 is at the end of the hall. Was very quiet for us.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Sure, the hotel is historic, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be well maintained. Our room #209 was tiny with peeling wallpaper, dirty carpet and tile in the bathroom, a noisy window a/c, musty smell and bed covers that didn't appear clean. On top of that, the Wi-Fi didn't work and no one had bothered to change the clock back an hour almost 3 weeks ago so we panicked when we woke up. When I mentioned the problems to the front desk person (Sherika, I think), she couldn't have cared less - didn't even thank me for bringing the shortcomings to her attention. She definitely was NOT a customer service person - should not be dealing with guests at all.

Room Tip: definitely NOT 209
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MMHoustonTX
Reviewed 20 November 2017

I walked in while touring the shops to see the local site and thought it was quaint on the outside. I was intensely uncomfortable upon entering. I just felt like I was doing something wrong and had a very strong urge to leave. So I did. So I really cant review what I was not able to see.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathy J
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I spent a night at the Excelsior House and really enjoyed it! The location is wonderful, and everything in the town is within walking distance. I was in the Jay Goulde room which was spacious and clean. The staff was friendly and answered questions. While there are some maintenance issues which could be addressed, like peeling paint in some areas and other cosmetic repairs, I feel like this is to be expected with any property as old as the Excelsior. We had a wonderful stay and I would definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends