US$149
US$129
US$179
Chez Lafayette(Jefferson)
  • Free Internet
All reviewshistoric jeffersonghost huntingghost storiesparanormal activitygeneral storein townwithin walking distancehistoric feelupstairs balconybathroom doorlike stepping back in timeother guestsclaw foot tubantique storesexcelsior househallwayorbs
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Been planning to spend a weekend in Jefferson for many years, and finally got around to it a few weeks ago. Jefferson is a very interesting and historic little town, with dozens of historic buildings and homes, more like the deep south than the stereotype image of Texas. Downtown has a French Quarter feel to it, on a very small scale. The hotel is one of two that date to the mid 19th century in town, both well preserved to their historic appearance from the 1800's. And both reported to be haunted by numerous ghosts. The rooms were comfortable, but the hotel could use some sprucing up, the old window AC's were loud, the old TV in our room gave off an annoying high pitched noise, so that we never even turned it on. And although we neither saw or heard any ghostly apparitions, I did notice the flowery smell of old perfume during the night. Possibly the young bride who hung herself in the next room long ago? And walking up the creaky old staircase and down the hall at night is pretty creepy.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017

This quickly became my favorite place. Love the aged atmosphere, that had the old world feel but great comfort. The floor creak when you walk down the hall or across your room and I loved it!! The bed was comfortable. The carpet in our room was clean and plush. The room was spacious and comfortable for 5 people. The bathroom was nice. The only trouble was the shower was hand held, but I bathed and soaked after.
We did get some orbs in the pictures and my nephew had a strange experience in the ground level hall.
I was not greatly impressed by the restaurant. The food was plentiful but just seemed to be missing a certain something.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 September 2017

The hotel is nice considering is was built during the 1800's but if your looking for modern amenities this probably isn't for you. The hotel is known for paranormal activity which is what we were looking for. Unfortunately we did not experience any.

Room Tip: The Wi-Fi was free but signal strength was very weak. Bed was uncomfortable.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017

I would just like to say that I read some reviews on here that were not that favorable about the staff at the Jefferson and their reservation policies. I had made a reservation for Room 5 for this weekend 9/1/17. After I made my initial reservation my fellow traveler decided she wanted to stay in Room 18, so I contact the Jefferson again, no problem at all, they promptly and without hesitation moved my request to Room 18. Fast forward two days and Hurricane Harvey is wrecking havoc in South Texas. We have family all throughout the Gulf, including Rockport. So I decide to cancel the trip to Jefferson, to aid in the clean-up in Rockport. The Jefferson has a 1-week advance cancelation policy. I contacted them Sunday morning and although it is against their written policy they canceled immediately and refunded my deposit, and sent me a nice note, wishing us a safe trip and hoping my friends and family come through the hurricane okay. I haven't stayed here yet, but can't wait to do so. Try this at the Stanley in Colorado and see how far you get. Thank you Jefferson Hotel, I can't wait to come visit you! A very grateful future guest.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank lhunt2725
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This was my second two-night stay at the Jefferson Hotel. Unfortunately, the ghost have left me alone. Maybe it was because of the sight seeing, activities, good food, and bars I visited before going to bed. The narrow stairs and corridors are creaky, but that's about as ghostly as it got for me. Maybe other folks have better luck. The long corridors have antique furnishing and nick-nacks. The ladies at the desk are always pleasant and helpful. The hotel has a balcony across the front. Great for sitting out in the evening, enjoying the night, and meeting other guests if that's something that appeals to you.

Room Tip: Only a few rooms have a shower. Wi-fi, is weak in some rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo