“Very unprofessional”

Palace Inn
Palace Inn
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Katy
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We went to rent a room for a family member who came into town for a visit. Told the owners only one person would be staying in the room but we would-be there to visit with her for a while. Told these idiots that we lived up the street just needed a room for our family member to sleep. They come running out to us screaming that we could not go to the room. None of the guest could have vistors at the hotel room. It was in a sign in the front office. So I went to see of course no such sign. So we got our money back and left. I would not advise anyone to stay here due to the disrespect.

• Stayed: April 2014
6  Thank totallydisrespected

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Biggest pro is the price, I paid $65 per night during Spring break when others in the area were charging well over $100 per night. The room was clean and the hotel is not that old. However, the bed was very uncomfortable and the couch does not make into a bed. The worst con was the constant hum of traffic from I-10 So if you want to spend a night, not a fortune, and you aren't too picky about the mattress you sleep on, stay here. If not, spend twice as much to stay somewhere else. Another pro is the location, there is a an Olive Garden and a Chuy's walking distance from the hotel. Con-breakfast, 2 kinds of cereal, toast and coffee.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank FedUp2000
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was a bit concerned when I read one of the previous reviews but i did not find this. The clientele of the hotel did not make me feel uncomfortable.
They seemed to be people stopping off on a long journey or in town for work.

The room was clean though there was an overwhelming smell of orange cleaner as you entered the room.
The beds were comfortable. The room had a microwave, ironing board and fridge. Given the proximity to the freeway there is little traffic noise but the a/c is noisy (like most motels ) so still not a peaceful sleep. Could do with more towels.
Free wifi at a good speed for free wifi.
The breakfast area was very clean and not too busy. Waffles, muffins, coffee, juices, cereal. Ices.
Plenty of parking and nearby restaurants.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Overall rating - ok - especially if just staying 1 night - I think I paid a little too much for my room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank shamrock_madison
Reviewed 4 August 2013

First I checked my bed and there was brown hair on the pillow and I am a blonde. Then I noticed all these truckers waiting outside other hotel rooms taking turns going in. I do believe they may have hourly rentals. The maids were cleaning rooms all hours day and night.I felt very uncomfortable but the manager was nice. I paid for 2 nights then after telling him that I was very uncomfortable he refunded my 2nd day and I made other arrangements to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and sleep comfortably.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank ADavidson321
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is a clean, basic no frills motel that is good value and right next door to a really good Mexican restaurant - other restaurants also within walking distance but we can't vouch for them as we ate at the Mexican. Good stopover on the way out of Houston. Easy to find just off the interstate but not too noisy.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joala
Also consider these accommodations in or near Katy
0.3 km away
1.5 km away
Motel 6 Houston - Katy
1.4 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Katy

Been to Palace Inn? Share your experiences!