“Can't Say Enough Good About El Jarrito ”

El Jarrito Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 573 Restaurants in Katy
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

After a long day, all I wanted was mediocre Mexican food on a patio. Katy is not an area I frequent, so I had low expectations. The restaurant is set a block off the main road, and I drove past it once before finally finding it. Boy did El Jarrito blow my flip flops off!

I don't normally go out to eat alone, so I was a bit out of my comfort zone. The restaurant is very big, and it was a week night, so it wasn't very busy. The hostess proudly showed me around and introduced me to the men who would soon begin playing live music. I smiled politely (as I inwardly cringed-imagining, "La Bomba" being played fast and loud over and over....) We walked past a huge play area for kids, with lots of sand and groovy toys.

There hostess graciously allowed me to pick my table. The patio is beautiful, and I included a picture because there's no way words can do it justice.

My friendly waiter promptly arrived and took my drink order, and beautiful, lilting music began to play. I felt like I had been transported back to a 5-star resort on the Mexican Rivera. I skeptically and impatiently awaited the chips and salsa, which is the quintessential way to judge a Mexican restaurant. The chips and salsa scored a 10/10 with me, and luckily my entrée arrived quickly (pictured below) or I would have inhaled basket after basket of those things, dipped in the Tex-Mex nectar of the gods.

I didn't think any one place could have it all-especially at such reasonable prices... All the food was fantastic! My only regret was that I didn't have room for dessert. The food was so delicious, and there was such a nice atmosphere, that my (formerly) anxious-self sat there for two hours.

Highly recommend

Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

Good Mexican restaurant in a nice location. Have eaten here several times with family. Good quality food (we mostly order mixed fajitas and crunchy tacos for kids). The outside offers a small playground for kids. I would recommend this place.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

I have tried many things off of their menu and haven't been disappointed yet! Great place for families and couples. They even have a banquet hall behind the restaurant that is available to the public for weddings etc.

Reviewed 26 November 2015

We love to come here with the family. Starting off with tableside guacamole, fresh salsa, and light tortilla chips.. Homemade.
Top shelf margaritas always are the best.. Had the chicken verde enchiladas, very large portions, fresh, and tasty. All the food was nice and the service is exceptional. They always go out of their way to give you everything you want.
I can,t wait to come back.

1  Thank charley48
Reviewed 21 June 2015

A trip to Katy, Texas, isn't complete without a meal at El Jarrito. The menu is varied with food and drink choices. The chips and salsa are a great prelude to the full plates of food that are served. And guacamole is freshly made table-side.

The staff is courteous and prompt in serving and refilling.

A good restaurant choice for lunch or dinner.