“Tasty”

El Jarrito Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 573 Restaurants in Katy
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Reviewed 15 November 2016

Authentic Mexican Cuisine. Waiter was friendly and very helpful navigating the menu. It was a lovely experience and the food was delicious.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

I can't even think of how many times I've eaten here...that tells you how much I love it! The best chicken mole in all of Texas. It isn't sweet and the chicken is very tender. I've had enchiladas, chile relleno, ceviche, guacamole, queso...chilaquiles for brunch and tacos de carne guisada, etc. The environment is joyful and the staff is the best! Always ready to help. If it's your bday, they give you a slice of cake and put a charro sombrero while they sing to you. Too cool!!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have been to this restaurant at least a dozen times now. It has great food, great quick service and reasonable prices! Every time we have guests we take them here and they love it and always request to go back.

Reviewed 10 September 2016 via mobile

After a long day, all I wanted was mediocre Mexican food on a patio. Katy is not an area I frequent, so I had low expectations. The restaurant is set a block off the main road, and I drove past it once before finally finding it. Boy did El Jarrito blow my flip flops off!

I don't normally go out to eat alone, so I was a bit out of my comfort zone. The restaurant is very big, and it was a week night, so it wasn't very busy. The hostess proudly showed me around and introduced me to the men who would soon begin playing live music. I smiled politely (as I inwardly cringed-imagining, "La Bomba" being played fast and loud over and over....) We walked past a huge play area for kids, with lots of sand and groovy toys.

There hostess graciously allowed me to pick my table. The patio is beautiful, and I included a picture because there's no way words can do it justice.

My friendly waiter promptly arrived and took my drink order, and beautiful, lilting music began to play. I felt like I had been transported back to a 5-star resort on the Mexican Rivera. I skeptically and impatiently awaited the chips and salsa, which is the quintessential way to judge a Mexican restaurant. The chips and salsa scored a 10/10 with me, and luckily my entrée arrived quickly (pictured below) or I would have inhaled basket after basket of those things, dipped in the Tex-Mex nectar of the gods.

I didn't think any one place could have it all-especially at such reasonable prices... All the food was fantastic! My only regret was that I didn't have room for dessert. The food was so delicious, and there was such a nice atmosphere, that my (formerly) anxious-self sat there for two hours.

Highly recommend

Reviewed 2 March 2016 via mobile

Good Mexican restaurant in a nice location. Have eaten here several times with family. Good quality food (we mostly order mixed fajitas and crunchy tacos for kids). The outside offers a small playground for kids. I would recommend this place.