“Not impressed ”

Cairo Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #68 of 137 Restaurants in Keller
Reviewed 16 January 2016 via mobile

Came here for lunch, we were the only patrons in the restaurant. I thought we would have good service being the only ones dining. I was completely wrong! Just to have our drink order take we sat for almost 10 minutes. After getting our food they didn't bring any silverware or napkins, we waited for someone to come back by, but that did not happen. We walked towards the back and didn't see anyone so we just helped ourselves to the serving cart that had the silverware. We ordered the tzatiki, the child's chicken nuggets, the falafel, and chicken sharwma. I could be wrong but the pita bread was store bought, we were not impressed. The child's chicken nuggets are good, however I feel too much seasoning for a child (we ended up eating our son's chicken). The Greek salad that came with the chicken sharwma could have been good minus the crazy amount of seasoning which made the salad inedible. The hummus and falafel were good. Glad I tried this place, may try again for dinner..maybe the service will be better.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Service was good. Food was average. Flavors on the entrees were fair but the meats were overcooked. We recieved one piece of pita bread sliced into ten small triangles to split between four people with a hummus appetizer. This is the first time i've been to a middle eastern restaurant that the pita was not made fresh and did not receive enough for every one at the table to enjoy with our meal.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

We are new to the area and were looking for a place to eat close to the house. We saw Cairo, but we weren't sure what we were getting into with Mediterranean food in a shopping center. (Not stuck up..just cautious!) So, we went on a Saturday about 6pm or so and were greeted by a nice gentleman that seated us and handed out menus. The place is small, but quaint, and decorated well. We looked over the menu and were surprised by how large it was, really. There are traditional dishes that you seek out like falafel and hummus, as well as tabouleh. We tried all of those and were very pleased with the flavors and presentation. We ordered mains, one vegetarian option, one pizza for the small kiddo, and two chicken dishes. Very, very good stuff. The pita bread was warm and soft, the kids pizza was excellent for a simple cheese on pita, and the chicken dishes were fragrant and fresh. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who felt like good food and great flavors.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

We drove here from nearby Bedford in search of good Mediterranean food. Savory Mediterranean food at a great price! The ambiance was low-key with Egyptian art (e.g., busts of Queen Nefertiti), Egyptian music, and nice decor. We ate at the buffet and I especially was appreciative of the vegetarian options (the menu also cleverly states, "Vegetarian, Y'all"). The salad was crunchy and delicious and the many rice-based dishes were hot and plentiful. I am a big fan of healthy vegetarian Mediterranean food so we will be back!

2  Thank peggysemingson
Reviewed 28 March 2015 via mobile

I've had Mediterranean good before and I would definitely place Cairo in my top 5. The falafel was delicious, as well as the hummus. Their pita bread is awesome!!! I confined all of those to make a little falafel sandwich and it was great. All of the flavors worked together. I had the kushari. Goodness, I thought I was in heaven with rice, noodles, lentils and chickpeas with tomato sauce. It was delicious. Sister had rice and some eggplant dish which was tasty as well. The service was a bit slow, but the food was with it. New we can get it Mediterranean fix without having to drive downtown.