“Southern Hospitality at it's Finest!”
Review of Boardwalk Inn

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Kemah
Reviewed 6 September 2017

I stayed here for a couple of nights a few weeks ago. I was very impressed by the warmth of the staff members that were working at the hotel. They were very genuine and helpful with a few questions I had regarding the area. They also made dinner reservations for me at the Red Sushi, which is very good by the way! The hotel rooms were recently updated, they are very clean and comfortable with a nice ambiance. The hotel has a separate parking area on the second floor of the parking garage, so your car is protected from the sun and salt water breeze. This hotel is the best in the area, I will return!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
22Hoteltraveler, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your amazing review ! We are thrilled to know you and your family enjoyed our property and our staff is most happy to know they made your stay a memorable one! Come back and see us soon, Southern Hospitality awaits..

Reviewed 6 September 2017

This was my first time going to the Kemah Boardwalk and my first time at the Boardwalk Inn. One word: WOW!!
Actually, I can never do anything with just one word.
The first thing that you notice is tons of free parking in the attached parking garage. We all like to brag about how close we park to something. Well, I got the spot that was closest to the hotel door! :-) And each time I went out and came back there was still ample parking on the second floor very close to the hotel entrance.
Walking in to Boardwalk Inn is a very pleasant experience. It's very quaint and nice and clean and...well...very cute! The staff walking in/out of the lobby area were smiling and had a pleasant greeting for all guests.
I was an "early arrival" which is sometimes not wonderful for hotel front desk folks. However, I was treated like a VIP with big smiles and a sincere warm welcome from both front desk...umm...let's call them "Guest Services Specialists". Because, that's exactly what they were. They graciously explained that my room would be available very soon and took my bag and placed it in a secure area. They invited me to enjoy the Kemah Boardwalk (right outside the back lobby entrance to the hotel and a story of it's own another time) and assured me they would be phoning me soon to advise when my room was ready. ...and so they did...
When I returned to the front desk asking for my bag, the front desk specialist informed me that it had already been placed in my room and gave me all the pertinent info about the hotel and directions to my room and wishes for a pleasant stay.
When I arrived on the 3rd floor for my room and walked down the hallway i saw furnishings and wall treatments that i will call "adorable" - and as I said earlier: Quaint! The sign on the door to my room said: The Executive Bay Suite. That was confusing to me because I had not requested that room so it was obviously an upgrade. When I opened the door to the Suite...well, that's when the WOW! sorta belched from my lips. I kept opening doors and going through this wonderful suite just amazed at the elegance and the beauty and the spaciousness and the THREE balconies (all overlooking the boardwalk) and the awesome furniture and fixtures and the bar and WOW and OH MY! Soon after I checked in I had to go to an appointment in the nearby town of Seabrook. My original plan was to go to my appointment and then come back and play on the boardwalk until evening and then return to my room. BUT... I instead (because of the awesomeness of the room) rushed through my appointment, rushed back to the Inn, rushed down the steps across the walkway from the hotel to one of the huge number of excellent restaurants ordered some food and took it back to my room so that I could just relish the food in that incredible room. I did the same thing for dinner - brought back food to the room.
The a/c in the different parts of the suite worked perfectly. The lighting was plentiful and perfect. (The lamps in the living room are really cool and have outlets for chargers for phones and devices built in to the base (no longer a minor perk). Speaking of not so minor perks...In the bedroom closet, there is a very nice large rain umbrella for guests to use in case of inclement weather. The personal care products in the bathrooms are elegant and I took them all with me! (I wanted to take one of the very nice robes...but i didn't. Teehee!)
Anytime I saw any of the hotel staff in hallways or lobby, they always had wonderful smiles and greetings. I am a lover of hugs and even got a big one from the Housekeeper!
Aaannnddd...The General Manager of the Inn took several minutes of her valuable time to speak with me when I arrived. Very sweet of her to do that.
As Arnold Schwarzenegger said: "I'll be back!"
Remember way back when in the beginning of this I said: One Word... ;-)
Still have that one word about The Boardwalk Inn: WOW!!

Stayed: September 2017

Dear Guest, What an amazing review! Thank you for your kind and gracious words about our hotel and our staff, they are thrilled to have received such wonderful comments, we are truly happy we made your stay a memorable one. Come back and visit us again!

Reviewed 2 September 2017

How can you describe a hotel that is so absolutely amazing that you can't wait to go back? We arrived the night before we were leaving on a cruise out of Galveston, just before Hurricane Harvey hit the area. Everyone from security to housekeeping and the front desk were helpful, caring and just plain fun. We felt secure there during the waves of rain and thunderstorms that kept hitting. The front desk kept us up-to-date about weather forecasts, road conditions, high tide water problems and restaurants that were open. We arrived on Friday and ended up staying until Monday. Really looking forward to returning when the weather is great and enjoying everything the area has to offer. Because of the weather, the pool and hot tub were closed and also the Boardwalk was closed to the public. The caring attitude from all the employees made our stay enjoyable despite the weather. Looking forward to returning!

Room Tip: Loved the ability to open the door to the balcony and smell the sea air. Rooms away from the Boardwa...
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your wonderful review of our property and being our guests under the most unusual circumstances during ( Hurricane Harvey ). We can't wait for your return to our Hotel and we are hopeful that the next visit will be a great weather event and you will be able to enjoy all the great areas to our Boardwalk and surrounding areas. Please reach out to me personally upon your return , I'd like to roll out the Red Carpet for you and your family.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I spoke at a conference hosted at the Boardwalk Inn. I was very impressed with the organization, friendly and helpful staff and quality of the food and facilities It's also a great location with access to all the restaurants and entertainment options of the Kemah Boardwalk. I highly recommend it for conferences and special events. Your guests will be pleased!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
22Hoteltraveler, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for your wonderful review of our meeting facilities, we are a very unique hotel surrounded by some great restaurants and entertainment, we are happy you experienced our Hotel. Come back and see us soon!

Safe Travels

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Great place speed day with love one was little hot but cooled down at Bubba Gump Nice weather other than little hot but enjoyed music and the food. Walked board walk watch all boats heading out to bay. Did little shopping at little business around. Had great time.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mack K
22Hoteltraveler, General Manager at Boardwalk Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear Mack, Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay, sounds like it was a great getaway for you and your wife . We hope we will become a frequent stop and stay whenever you and your family are in the Kemah area again. Come back and see us soon!

Safe Travels

Boardwalk Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kemah
0.7 km away
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
1.7 km away
2.2 km away
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
3.1 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston NASA Seabrook

Been to Boardwalk Inn? Share your experiences!