“Best night of our American holiday”
Review of Monkey Bar

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Monkey Bar
Ranked #36 of 84 Restaurants in Kemah
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

We went to America to watch sport. Spent first two nights in Houston and on the second night went to this bar. Staff really friendly and so were the local customers. Made some friends for life in this one night. Zak our American barman is a legend and we couldn't have been made more welcome. If you are in the area, pay them a visit.

Reviewed 12 October 2016

I am not one to typically give bad reviews, but this place is horrible. They may be great with regulars and locals ... I'm not sure. But we came from out of town for my birthday and we opened a tab. When it came time to close out we paid our tab in cash... to our surprise we were ALSO charged on our card!! Our tab ( we were a group) was over $100, so not only did we tip the bartender around 40 dollars already... but they helped themselves to the cash that we paid on our tab and pocketed the money. I reached out to the business on multiple occassions, but the owner has never returned a call. Its unfortunate because we love Kemah and come here ofter, but we will NEVER return to these theives again.

Reviewed 18 August 2016

I've been here a few times. It's alright. They had cornhole here at one point, but not sure if they still do or not.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

This place had some pretty people around the day we went, the drinks are really good and the bartenders really take care of you. The only thing is that it was a little Smokey inside so you also have the option to go to the outside patio. I recommend this place to anyone who wants to have a great time.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

It was pretty early in the afternoon but we were ready to start drinking! The bartender I can't remember his name but he made a mean blue Hawaiian drink and a regular at the bar told us wear to get good oysters was telling the truth, thanx for the tip! Nice place a good drink! Would like to see how it is at night!