US$98
Home2.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

Comfort Suites(La Porte)(Great Value!)
US$69
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$71
US$69
US$60
US$58
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$85/night.

US$101
US$89
US$75
US$56
Groupon.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$64/night.

WoodSpring Suites Houston La Porte(La Porte)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$119
US$111
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 May 2017

A simple and pleasant hotel. Cheap because it does not have breakfast infrastructure. The rooms have a fully equipped kitchen with everything needed for coffee, lunch and dinner. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
They provide coffee bags to make in the room. If you wish you can take it at the reception same time. They have a small convenience store. Washing machines and dryers and a gym. All included in the rate.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
CandlewoodSuitesLa, webmaster at Candlewood Suites La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for comments. We strive for 100 percent guest satisfaction, and I’m very glad you were satisfied. We believe we provide a great combination of comfort, convenience, amenities and value, and clearly you agree. I hope that if your travels bring you to this area again you will stay with us. Serving guests like you makes being in this business a true pleasure.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I work for an IHG property as a front desk agent, so I understand that everyone has a first week. The guest service rep that was checking me in (night audit) was new and we were having some minor check in issues, but she remained kind and calm. It didn't bother me that it took a little longer than expected because she mentioned my status within seconds of me first arriving.
I wish I could list her by name, but it was a very unique name and she was very presentable.
As far as the property, it was comfortable and quiet. Fully stocked kitchenette will be helpful the next longer trip I take to visit my family!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
CandlewoodSuitesLa, Webmaster at Candlewood Suites La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m so pleased that you would stay with us again along with your family and I hope you have the opportunity to do that soon. Check inn was informed about your nice comment and was appreciated. We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I’m glad we could satisfy you, as we do so many others each day. Thanks again for your pleasant feedback.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I've stayed at quite a few hotels in IHG chain being a platinum rewards member and this one leaves something to be desired when it comes to being inviting. When I entered the hotel the two ladies behind the counter seemed more interested in continuing their conversation than in checking me in. Once the attention was turned my way, the woman who was registering me seemed like she had better things to do and failed to acknowledge my membership status. It does seem like the hotel has its fair share of long term stayers but if it had not been last minute and a matter of convenience, I wouldn't have stayed here. Although the hotel appears clean and neat, it has an underlying musty smell that set my allergies off almost as soon as I walked in the door. I think next time that I will just spend a couple more dollars and stay across the freeway and receive a lot better service without the side of attitude.....

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
CandlewoodSuitesLa, Webmaster at Candlewood Suites La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments about our hotel here in La Porte. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways and that we did not provide the level of service you expected. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 3 February 2017

The room we were given had a very, very strong deodorant smell – maybe to cover up a cheating smoker. The staff offered a different room, but it was our dinner time and we had already unpacked. The temperature in the room was difficult to control. It was either too cold or too hot. I suspect the usual Candlewood energy-saving motion detection scheme was to blame. Staff was only somewhat sympathetic, again offering us a different room when we reported the mold problem we discovered after 9 PM. At that point we wanted only to catch some sleep before leaving this establishment FOR THE LAST TIME, so we again declined to schlep all our stuff around.

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank David G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I’m very sorry you had a bad experience and did not accept our multiple offers of a different room. There is little else we can do to improve a guest experience. Our goal is to provide a consistently superior guest experience, and your comments are very important to us. We rely on guests like you to tell us when we’re doing well and when we aren’t so we can get better. We have taken note of these comments to make sure we do better than ever for future guests.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

I recently stayed at the Candlewood Suites. The morning desk girl was rude and constantly talked back to a member of the management staff. I felt this personal episode should not have been displayed in front of guests. I was very shocked that the man would continue to put up with (her name began with a J) her arrogant and mean attitude. She is not an asset to this hotel. Perhaps both of them need to go. Where are the owners?

I also want to point out that although the hotel is dog friendly, I am opposed to dogs walking through the lobby. This is unsafe to other guests.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank uhcoogdebi
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites La Porte, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Dear uhcoogdebi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class experience, however, it appears we fell short of our goal on your visit. We would like to apologize for failing to meet your expectations regarding our staff. We also regret the issues you had with the pet policy. Your feedback is troubling and will surely be looked into. Rest assured it will be reviewed and most certainly be forwarded to the appropriate departments to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a much better experience.

Joel A