“Best food in Lakeway!”

Santa Catarina
Ranked #1 of 60 Restaurants in Lakeway
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phone 512.300.0946. Please add Santa Catarina restaurant to your listing. Santa Catarina is a unique boutique restaurant that serves interior mexican food.
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We eat here once per week. It's family owned and the food is excellent. Authentic Mexican food. If you are visiting Lakeway, don't miss this place.
Kim M

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

We sat outside on the deck as it was a beautiful evening and not as noisy as the dining room. Our waiter was very friendly and his service was top notch! I shared fajitas with a friend and our husbands ordered from the house specialities list. GF food options were available. Three of the group also had margaritas that were delicious. Everyone has a good time.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

The first several times I ate here, I was quite impressed. BUT, something has changed and apparently I'm not the only one to notice. Previously, this place was very crowded, often full inside and nearly full outside every time we came. Last evening, there was no one outside and the inside was less than 1/4 full. First, the margaritas are quite good. The ceviche is very good. I recommend both highly.

Our salsa was basically uneatable and the nearest occupied table to us actually complained and asked if there was something else available. The salsa used to be very good.

The rest was disappointing and very run-of-the-mill blah Mexican food. The beef fajitas were tough as shoe leather. The chili relleno en nogada was overly large and quite heavy with little of the complex flavors promised. Our closest neighbors, two tables away both ordered enchiladas verde which came out looking like fireplace logs covered in sour cream. Large portions do not make up for mediocre food. What used to be a very good Mexican restaurant has become a second rate gut-stuffer. Sad.

1  Thank RogerReady3
Reviewed 31 August 2017

The service was great and the food was excellent! I had the beef tacos and they were AMAZING! Our kids live in the area and visit this place regularly. Really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

This was a great place to eat after our boat trip to Lake Travis. I customized my chicken enchiladas to have salsa verde on them and they were excellent. They came with rice and black beans. Service was great and they serve brunch on Saturday. I would recommend this place. Price was very reasonable too. Vegetarian options were available.

Been to Santa Catarina? Share your experiences!