So, I left the Residence Inn to come over here because I felt the RI was a bit overdue for a facelift, but now I find myself probably checking right back in after 5 nights at the Spring Hill Suites. Why you ask? Let's take a look.
1. Water pressure in the shower was bad because of an old water faucet. I had them come and change it but it didn't do much to improve.
2. My air conditioner has broke 2 different times! The past 2 times I have come back to my room, I have had to call the front desk because the AC is dead. It generally takes about 10 minutes to fix which wasn't bad but my room got hot and it's just annoying.
3. Deluxe Breakfast? Yeah, right! Their breakfast is weak! Go over to the Residence Inn and have their banging breakfast and tell menwhat you think! Spring Hill serves what used to be, frozen egg patties and sausage along with waffles. Nothing special or deluxe about it! It's actually somewhat gross.
4. Let me very clear about this .... THE INTERNET BLOWS!!! I am not even complaining about the Internet speed, hell I could live with slow Internet but their Internet is so intermittent it's not even funny! I am actually in my Spring Hill Suites hotel room typing this review in my phone because I am waiting for the hotel wifi to get fixed! Obviously the Internet going down was the last straw!
What number am I on? I lost count ... 5?
5. The elevator is a nightmare! There has been 2 different occasions i have been trapped in the hellevator (pun intended)! I stepped in on the 1st floor and hit the 4th floor and it does nothing! Won't move and the door won't open! I was only stuck for a couple minutes each time but it's unnecessary! I have called them numerous times but have fallen on deaf ears! It's a common thing that all of us guests talk about while riding in the hellevator, everyone knows it's scary! It feels like it drops 6 inches in free fall when it initially lowers towards the bottom.
Conclusion. I recommend this hotel for a one night stay. The hotel is very clean and the lobby is flashy. They have free beer but the evening snack is gross. If you are a business traveler and are stuck in Laredo, choose a different hotel to be stuck in! The inconsistencies will drive you nuts here!
FYI ... The Internet was not fixed by the end of this review ... BOOO!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Laredo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- SpringHill Suites Laredo Texas