Dabbs Railroad Hotel
Best Western Llano(Llano)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$90
US$150
US$130
Horseshoe Bay Resort(Horseshoe Bay)(Great Value!)
US$179
Best Western Post Oak Inn(Burnet)(Great Value!)
US$90
TripAdvisor
Motel 6 Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$65
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsback porchbonnie and clydeb bsllano riverbed and breakfasthill countrybanksvictorianweddingbridgehouse
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Wow. I read the other reviews of the Dabbs Hotel and was shocked. My experience was completely different than what I read. Arriving at the hotel, the proprietor, a very cheerful lady named Phyllis was there to greet me. After giving me the keys, she gave me a tour of the place, and it reminded me of boyhood visits to a favorite Aunt's huge old ranch house. The decor was charming, with a nice sized dining area with granite topped tables and large windows looking out over a nice big porch with more granite topped tables, where we opted for breakfast the following morning, delicious migas, tortillas, fresh coffee and orange juice. The sound of the river falling over the dam was soothing.
The rooms, while small, were clean and very comfortable. The bed was very comfortable and not squeaky at all. The bathroom was down the hall, which is not my favorite setup, but it was clean and comfortable, with a good shower with good water pressure. I slept very soundly.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Benardous
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Forget everything you've read about Dabbs Railroad Hotel. Yes, it still retains the old charm of turn of the century Llano, but this bed and breakfast has undergone some major transformations over the past couple of years, all for the better.
The old Dabbs that many remember from the late 80's and early 90's has all but vanished, replaced with an updated version of itself that manages to retain the "bones" of the original while adding a polish that the former self lacked.
While this hotel is most notable for guests like Bonnie and Clyde, plus a host of current celebrities (who shall rename nameless!) it should be noted that the unobstructed views of the Llano River, biscuits and gravy in the morning, and the out-of-tune Llano Piano on the front porch that gave the place a sense of tradition all remain.
The exterior and interior have been freshly painted, fixtures updated, the kitchen and dining areas expanded, the rooms and bathrooms thoroughly renovated... and yes, clean sheets and towels are provided. The cleanliness of this place cannot be overstated.
This is the perfect place for a romantic getaway for two, or a group of 20 or more, as you can rent a room, the sleeping porch, or the whole house.
Our peaceful weekend getaway to Llano included a tour of the local Fall Creek Winery, antique shopping, dinner at the Llaneaux Seafood house followed by complimentary beer while watching the sunset from the back porch.
While Llano may be officially known as the "Deer Capitol of Texas," once the secret of this riverfront hotel gets out it may become known hereafter as "Home of The Dabbs."

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank adboy68
Reviewed 23 September 2009

We were the only guests the weekend we stayed. We found the bed and linens to be very comfortable and inviting, as well as the bath. We most enjoyed our time reading in the chairs out on the lawn as we listened to the river. The manager showed up to cook us breakfast at our requested time, and it was a delicious homecooked meal. He was very friendly and accommodating. The two of us also enjoyed walking through town, browsing antique stores, and we walked right across the street to Llaneaux Seafood House for dinner one night. It was just the break we needed from city life.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gsj0408
Reviewed 24 October 2008

My sister and I were the only guests the night that we were there. We picked our room (double beds only) across from a large, beautifully remodeled bath. The hotel provides nice bathrobes for any late-night bathroom trips down the hall. The room was small, but nicely furnished. We could hear water flowing over the dam under the bridge, which was a pleasant sound to fall asleep to. It felt strange being the only guests, and the manager left us alone as she was starting a job that night as a waitress. She gave us a key so that we could go out to dinner. After dinner, we watched a big screen TV in the dining area. There are no TVs, phones, or clocks in the rooms. I would have appreciated a box of tissues in the room or at least the bathroom.
The landscaping is really pretty and the yard goes down to the river. We saw lots of butterflies at dusk and an armadillo nosing around in the morning.
I asked if the place was haunted, and she said that activity had greatly diminished recently. The stair light was turned off when I returned from my room, and I KNOW that I didn't touch it. It was dark and I wouldn't have turned it off just to run into the room for a minute. My sister was downstairs and didn't touch it. So if you like ghosts, this would be a fun place.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Mary77030
Reviewed 1 April 2008

We stayed at the Dabbs 10 years ago. Was an interesting
place. But now the new owner has restored the hotel and the place is wonderful. Tastefully decorated and charming.
Please give this B and B another chance. Our group enjoyed
the stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Blondedoestravel