Dabbs Railroad Hotel
Best Western Llano(Llano)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$90
US$150
US$150
Horseshoe Bay Resort(Horseshoe Bay)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$195
Best Western Post Oak Inn(Burnet)(Great Value!)
US$90
BestWestern.com
Motel 6 Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$65
Comfort Inn & Suites Burnet(Burnet)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$80
ComfortInn
Quality Inn Marble Falls(Marble Falls)(Great Value!)
US$76
All reviewsback porchbonnie and clydeb bsllano riverbed and breakfasthill countrybanksvictorianweddingbridgehouse
Reviewed 20 April 2015

My wife and I were looking to get away to the Texas Hill country and randomly found this place searching for places near Fredericksburg. We stayed for two nights and can't tell you how much we enjoyed staying here. David, Susan, & Greg were wonderful hosts and we enjoyed two great breakfasts both mornings we were there. Everything was clean, the bed was comfortable, and the location is very beautiful. We would highly recommend the Dabbs and we plan to come back on our next trip to the hill country. Thanks for a great place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2015

I immediately had a good impression when I spoke to David the manager of the property on the phone. He was very personable and laid back, I told him I would be coming up on my Harley and he was very friendly and provided me some information on the local things to see/do/eat. The whole area is very motorcycle friendly and a great ride out, and when we got there and met David and Craig they were both very personable and greeted us in a very nice way. The hotel itself is very nice, newly redone, with one bedroom downstairs and 7+ up, the beds are only double but were quiet comfortable. It overlooks the river and everything was very peaceful. We met up with David at the Badu house later that night, also a very nice restaurant, and we talked and socialized with him until my wife and I decided to call it a night. In the morning David made us a nice omelet breakfast, he does ham and cheese and bacon and cheese and some really good biscuits. My suggestion for travelers who are visiting Texas Hill country is ride or drive around and see the sites and then have a late dinner at Badu House (chicken fry was great!) and a nice restful stay at the Dabbs.

Room Tip: My wife and I slept in a double most of the night but she wanted to get away from the sound of the water pump the city had going near the river, which is not too loud but she is sensitive. We are tall people 5-9 and 6-2 respectively, and yet the beds were pretty nice. I would suggest for couples get two rooms side by side and if you can't get enough room in one bed you can always have the extra room.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chris l
Reviewed 11 June 2014

A wonderfully warm and comfortable place to say. Our group included five and we arrived very late, but were greeted with open arms by friendly staff who was very accommodating. David, the Manager & cook, even shared his recipes with us, as well as the history of the Dabbs. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank TXFLOWER4U
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Dabbs Hotel B&B May 24-26th, 2014. From the first time speaking with David, the manager, we knew we would be in good hands! Both he and his wife Susan were excellent hosts and his breakfasts were delicious!! We stayed on the first floor next to the front door. Because we arrived late, it was not too much of an inconvenience with people coming and going, but I can see for late sleepers they may opt for the second floor. Our bathroom had a separate dressing area and a beautiful claw footed tub with the very best shower I think I have ever had!! It was hard to convince myself that it was time to get out and if it weren't for my conscience telling me I was being wasteful, I would probably have stayed in another hour!

After walking around Llano Square and enjoying the numerous antique and gift shops, we drove to Castelle for a burger and beer on our second day and would highly recommend the 18 mile trip along the river. We then headed down to Fredericksburg via some neat back roads where we bought some delicious orange vodka and other alcohol filled chocolate delicacies at a chocolate shop Heading back to Llano we drove north on 16 and hit the infamous Willow City Loop drive. It was beautiful!! The curvy road going alongside cliffs and hills we were delighted to see all the deer and redbirds We can only imagine how it must look when the wildflowers are more abundant!

Hungry and back in Llano at 8:00 on a Sunday night, our forever helpful host recommended we try out the China Wok a few blocks away as they were the only late night restaurant open. We were pleasantly surprised by the freshness and quality of this establishment that has thrived in Llano for the past seven years.

Retiring back at the Dabbs, we scooped up a few bowls of ice cream and visited or a spell before snuggling up in our cozy room and listening to the rain.

After getting up unnaturally late...for the second day in a row...on Monday we were presented with sausage and homemade hash brown breakfast tacos accompaned with fresh fruit and Starbucks coffee. It was the perfect start to our day! After breakfast we visited with David and Susan... It was like being with family. They are both so warm and comfortable to be around.

I think the only thing I would have liked better about the Dabbs would be if there was a lounging area to socialize in. But as busy as we were and eager to explore the surrounding areas, we probably would not have had much of a chance to use it much anyway!

I would highly recommend The Dabbs! It was a highlight and a great place to call home on our trip.

Room Tip: Upstairs offers more privacy... But we were very content downstairs with the light occupancy.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jill S
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My fiance (now husband) and I decided to get married at the Dabbs after being turned off by the prices we found in nearby Fredericksburg. All of our friends and family said it was one of the best weddings they have ever been to. The grounds were well taken care of and there was green plants and flowers everywhere. Phyllis is just a wonderful woman and was available to help us out with anything we needed. She is also an awesome breakfast cook!We had a good variety of food: pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit, juice, muffins, bagels. We paid extra to have full use of the kitchen and it was so helpful. The kitchen is huge and looks like it has been recently remodeled. We rented out the whole hotel for the weekend and had about 15 people stay there. It was the same price if not cheaper than any place we looked at renting in Fredericksburg, and we would have only gotten those places for a few hours, not the whole weekend!
If you're looking for a 5-star resort, this isn't it! Though, good luck finding that in Llano :) This is a nice quiet place to sit and visit on the porch with your loved ones- there's no TV or phones in any rooms. The only bad things is the beds are small (full size) and some are pretty squeaky but everything was so clean and there were plenty of towels, robes, shampoo and all that good stuff, and we had 7 girls getting ready for wedding stuff there! There was even a little travel kleenex pack in each room, which really came in handy. We will definitely come back and stay here anytime we need to be in Llano.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple