“Excellent breakfast”

City Diner
Ranked #116 of 239 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Based on online reviews, my wife and I hit this place up for breakfast and were definitely not disappointed. Classic diner-style food, quick and simple. I had the chicken fried steak and eggs and my wife had the Western omelet. we both enjoyed everything, but the star was the biscuit that she got with the omelet. Light, fluffy, and delicious. I should also note that the coffee was uncommonly excellent, very mellow but rich and unexpected in that context. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place to anybody looking for great breakfast served any time.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

I decided to try this out after church. The staff was very friendly and kept my coffee full. I ordered a ham and cheese omelet with hash browns and toast. It was very good and the price was right. Definitely a great alternative to the Ihops and Dennys of the world. Worth every penny.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

Eggs were ordered "over easy" and that was how they came. Centers were soft and just right for dipping your toast; no runny whites. Hash browns were just right; crusty on the outside and soft in the center. My husbands bacon had no fat, yet was not overly done or burnt. Grits were good, and the biscuits were fluffy.

1  Thank corvettegirl07
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We go to the City Diner at least once a month when we are in Longview. We have never been disappointed. Great service, good food. Their Greek Salad is so big that I have to take half of it home. They have a special everyday and very well priced. You will not go away hungry. Don't expect fancy, just friendly and good food.

1  Thank DonnaCarthage_Tx_
Reviewed 3 December 2011

City Diner has the feel of a 60's diner with the white walls, tile floor and linoleum topped tables. The food and service is good. The atmosphere kind of makes you think of a hospital with all of that white. Breakfast items are priced very reasonabliy and they were doing a good business on Saturday morning. There was not anything outstanding at City Diner to make you want to come back, but it is a good place to eat if you need breakfast.