“Great food great service everything ”
Review of City Diner

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
City Diner
Ranked #62 of 243 Restaurants in Longview
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

You can't go wrong here. Very clean. Quick service. Staff extra courteous. Lots of food . It's not super cheap. Was 24 for 2 people but honestly it was worth it. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We went for breakfast. I got the fried eggs, hash browns, and biscuits with a side of gravy, my son got pancakes and bacon, friends got western omelet and corn beef Hash. All was great. My hash browns and his corn beef Hash were nice and crispy!

Reviewed 20 April 2015

We had a little trouble finding something to eat in Longview, TX today -- so many restaurants were closed Sundays. While that was a little inconvenient for me, I was actually glad to see so many businesses recognizing Sunday as a day to be with family and worship. But, I digress -- we were having a hard time finding places to eat on Sunday. We pulled up TripAdvisor and went to first and then another location to discover only that they were closed. So we gave up and headed down Hwy 80 towards Dallas determined to find something convenient along the way.

Well, we found the City Diner. Unassuming building that had obviously been some other sort of fast food restaurant in a former life. We walked in and the staff was so pleasant! Just choose any table, ladies!

And the food was delicious, too. Standard diner fare -- I had the chicken fried steak sandwich. It was fabulous. It came undressed with all the fixings on the plate. And the fries were to die for. Really good! My girlfriend and the grilled chicken with grilled onions, mashed potatoes, vegetable of the day and Texas toast. She could only eat about half, it was so big! She enjoyed it all! And the iced tea was supreme! Not to mention, they offered us to-go cups of tea on the way out!

Oh, and may I say that we noticed and commented on how clean and organized this restaurant was!

A great alternative for Sunday drivers!

Reviewed 18 February 2015

The exterior is so cute, I was expecting the interior to be fun, too. It's not...it's just kind of bare bones. But that's all irrelevant because it's about the food, right? Also kind of disappointing. Mine was nothing special and was too salty. I guess because the diner reminded me of a fun place in another town that I was hoping for some inspired menu choices. Or food that felt home cooked. Not so.

Reviewed 21 October 2014 via mobile

No one is a stranger here! If your looking for great service and good food this is the place. The people love to serve with a smile and always a warm atmosphere. This one place you don't want to miss.