“Great take out Italian for Texas”

Orlando's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 631 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Orlando s Italian Restaurant has been serving our "Tex-Italian" (Texas Monthly gave us that moniker) cuisine since opening its original 24th & Ave. Q location in 1965.
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Called and ordered take out. The pasta was over-sauced, but it was delicious, so I'm not complaining. Bread was good for cleaning up and and portions were large. I will definitely be back again.

Loyd T, Owner at Orlando's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thanks for the nice review! I see you figured out what the garlic bread was for. lol

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Went to Lubbock to go to the Tech homecoming game last weekend. Always try to go eat here when visiting Lubbock. Has 14 family members. Was not as good as use to be. My meat sauce was just ok. Queso was great.

Loyd T, Owner at Orlando's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2017

I am sorry your experience was not up to our normal quality. I do not know what could have gone wrong with the meat sauce. Sometimes it is as simple as the pour out of the 100 gallon steam-jacketed kettle we cook it daily to make enough for that store's volume. If the sauce is not stirred well as it comes out the meat can get concentrated and some buckets get poured thin. Please give us another try. If you haven't tried an Orlando's pizza yesterday, you might try one, as we have dramatically improved our dough and sauce! Thanks for your business and letting me know of your concerns. Loyd L. Turner, President, Orlando's Enterprises, Inc.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We went to the location in a strip center. Their queso is well worth it. Comfy restaurant feel, service was great. All our dinners were very good and the portions were large. Will be going back!

Loyd T, Owner at Orlando's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Thanks for finding us! We hope you become a regular customer! And thanks for taking the time to let others know.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

I've eaten here several times but never again will it be the same after I pulled a 8-10 hair out of my mouth after taking a bite of pizza. The waitress was given the hair with chewed pizza still attached. Later a guy came by and said he'd take care of it. Well that is where my real disappointment is. When I got my check he only comped half the pizza, 6.99. Other restaurants would comp the whole pizza or meal.

Loyd T, Owner at Orlando's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

I'm sorry you found a hair. That is never fun. Thankfully it is a very rare occurrence which is of no comfort when it happens to you.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Orlando’s is great place with a variety of food and a great atmosphere! The only negative and reason for 4 instead of a 5 rating is the price! It’s a little on the high side, but they have great food! I ordered cheeseburger in paradise and was pleasantly surprised! Definitely worth the visit!

Loyd T, Owner at Orlando's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thanks for the nice review and your business! You would be amazed at how much our various costs are going up. We try to keep prices as low as we can but we won't sacrifice the quality of our food or employees. Come back soon!