“Good Eats”

River Smith's Chicken & Catfish Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 614 Restaurants in Lubbock
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: River Smith's Chicken & Catfish is a family-restaurant serving made-from-scratch Southern specialties! Serving Southern, Cajun favorites, everything is made from scratch at River Smith's. Try our famous chicken and catfish or try our delicious burgers, sandwiches, steaks, and desserts.
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Love me some Bob's Chili Burger. White fish plate is AWESOME as well...Atmosphere is really cool for Lubbock, TX

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed 21 June 2017

This is a Lubbock hot spot, but pace yourself. While the menu includes lots of southern-type dishes, most of the foods are fried and served in baskets. Service is fast, friendly. The place could definitely use an update and way more cleaning people. A bit torn and tattered. It's about what you might expect for a place that does this much business.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

I've been eating at River Smith's since back in my college days. My personal favorites are their Catfish and Chicken Bits, but they also have a very good salad bar. It's also a great place to go for the HUGE tv they have in their back dining area, especially during football season. It's a great place for couples or to meet your friends for lunch, dinner, or just drinks, but it is also very family-friendly. If you need catering for a special event, they are also a great choice, and they have a meeting room available.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

While in Lubbock to visit family we decided on River Smith's for our Saturday evening meal. I had not eaten there since they moved from their old location many years ago, and was curious whether the quality had diminished. I am happy to report it has improved if anything. The atmosphere makes for a good ole set down an' enjoy the grub, relaxed, good time. We had five people in the group and ordered their family meal package. They offer several choices to mix and match as well as allowing you to choose the percentage of each item desired. We got 50/50 catfish and chicken strips. Didn't know if the portions would fulfill the cravings of five, but not to worry. The food was perfectly cooked and tasty, and we left satisfied and totin' leftovers. In addition, there was a sassy lady from New Orleans cleaning up the area who just made the time there much more fun for me. I failed to get her name, but I'll go back just for the entertainment value of bantering with her. She promised to be there when I get back.
Check this place out. Good food and good people. Five full folks $35.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

Party of 8. We found a table without much problem. It was fairly crowded even at 5:00 PM. No table waitress, must get in line to order. Food was brought to the table in a timely manner. We ordered several different selections and they were just average.