“Best hole-in-the-wall BBQ place in Lubbock.”

Tom & Bingo's Hickory Pit BBQ
Ranked #76 of 679 Restaurants in Lubbock
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 6 January 2016

Nothing fancy, just the best hickory smoked chopped beef sandwich in these parts. Order at the counter, load it up at the condiment bar, sit in an old school desk type chair and enjoy.

1  Thank Steve S

Reviewed 12 July 2015

As other reviews indicate, the place is uniquely set up with it's 'school house chairs' up against the wall... That just takes some getting used to after a few visits, which the sandwiches will force you to do!

They sell the Bingo Burgers as one of the hot-selling items, but I still opt for the sliced brisket sandwiches. I can easily run out of money if I'm not careful.

The staff gets to know you after a few times you've been there, and is always asking how things are since the last time you visited.

A+

1  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed 7 July 2015

I stepped up to the counter, and ordered a sliced brisket sandwich. I slowly walked over to the condiment island, loaded my gift of love , with onions, a pepper, and bathed it with house sauce. I sat on what can only be described as the most uncomfortable elementary school desk. The first bite, had me hooked, I forgot about being uncomfortable, and thanked God, there were places like this, still left in U.S. The meat is cooked over hickory wood, to perfection. If I had a last meal to choose, it would be a Tom & Bingo's Brisket Sandwich! By the way, their sauce can now be purchased separately. Its awesome!

1  Thank johnwesleyharden
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

Fun small "school house chairs" location. We had the beef brisket sandwich. Sauce was tangy and good. Beef could have been stacked thicker. Beef flavorful, but juice did not stay through sandwich. The bun is cheap and absorbs juice away from beef. This could been a much better sandwich, with controlled large portions and a better bun. Thanks for reading. The Bike Chaplain

1  Thank walkabye
Reviewed 1 June 2015

I don't know how long Tom and Bingo's has been here but I've been going for 35 years and every time I go, I'm always impressed that the chopped beef sandwich is still as good as it was the first time I tried it. Absolutely delicious. If you have not been in a while, go back and enjoy it again. If you have never been, you're welcome. You will love it.