“Great cheese grits and Canadian bacon brunch”

The Timeless Cafe & Cocktails
Reserve with OpenTable
The Timeless Cafe & Cocktails is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #284 of 632 Restaurants in Lubbock
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Great Easter brunch and service to match . Stuffed biscuit and cream gravy appetizers were great too. Prime rib and au gratin potato’s were great. We shared dishes and it all was good .We’ll be back.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

We went to this restaurant because of a Groupon deal and I checked their website for a menu to make sure there was something I could eat.
Upon looking at the menu this weekend, not one vegetarian entree. None. Zero. I asked the waitress if one of the pasta dishes could be made with vegetables instead of chicken. She said it was no problem.
Food arrived at the table and the pasta looked great and tasted decent. A gentleman working in the restaurant then came by the table and told me that kitchen staff had initially refused to make a vegetarian pasta but that he told them to do it and they might put it on the menu. That was awkward and made me feel bad for being a vegetarian. It seemed super odd to me that this option wasn't on the menu to begin with - it would be easy to list a basic pasta dish and then have options to add vegetables, chicken, shrimp, ect. I also highly doubt this restaurant would have the flexibility to work with other dietary restrictions (gluten-free, ect.).
My husband had a chicken dish and said there was nothing remarkable about it and that he could make it at home.
We also had the fried zucchini and mushroom appetizer and that was the star of the meal. The vegetables were lightly battered and fried so they were still a bit crunchy which was nice.
The drinks were good, so we will likely return to this restaurant for happy hour but not for dinner.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

This restaurant has been open for nearly 2 years and we had not tried it. My husband and I decided to go there for his birthday. I ordered a house salad that was very fresh with excellent dressing and the filet with asparagus and homemade chips. My husband ordered the chicken fried steak with green chili gravy, green beans, and masked potatoes. My filet was generous, cooked to perfection, and so delicious. The salad and sides were equally fresh and delicious. My husband said the chicken fried steak with green chili gravy was different than the usual because of the green chili gravy but he loved it and said he would definitely order it again. We both enjoyed every bite of our dinner. The prices were comparable with other steakhouse menus, but in the future, I would prefer to have the filet at this establishment over other local steak houses. Our waiter was actually the owner and we enjoyed visiting with him. The restaurant was very clean, classy, and provided private booths that seem perfect for date night as well as areas for larger groups and a bar. We enjoyed our time here. We can't wait to go back to try other menu items.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We tried the red snapper tacos and they were great. The "Moscow Mule" and "Dark and Stormy" cocktails were also terrific. I'm planning to go to this place again soon.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I had been dying to try this place for some time as I had seen the drinks looked pretty great and it was something different for Lubbock. I bought a groupon and had been saving it for a special occasion.

Last night (Wednesday) was date night. The place was not at all packed. It never seems to be as I had been there previously on a Saturday evening but the kitchen had been closed (9:45 p.m.) so we didn't stay. Anyways.

the decor seems to be in a nautical theme. Glasses with sand and shells. Chandeliers with rope. It's all very open but limited at the same time. The booths have high backings so you're secluded and can't see much around you. I guess it works for romance and ambiance.

I ordered a whiskey smash: Maker's Mark 46, mint, and ginger. The online menu says pomegranate as well but I don't remember seeing pomegranate...and the drink was a light color, not dark in the slightest. It was good, reminded me of a mojito.

My boyfriend ordered the chicken fry: lightly breaded chicken breast topped with what is described as a spicy/sweet homemade pesto. I'm used to pesto being green, not brown. This reminded me of a sweet bbq sauce. The menu online says a side of arugula and mushrooms in a lemon vinaigrette but I'm pretty sure it was spinach. The issue with that, was the vinaigrette was SOOOOOOO tangy and tart. Like a little over salted as well. But it's like the salad was drenched in it, it was over powering.

I ordered the pan seared salmon: salmon on a bed of asparagus with cherry tomatoes, topped with an avocado salsa. There was no avocado salsa. It was 3 thinly sliced avocados with 3 extremely thin slices of onions. The salmon was good, however the seasoning was a bit much on some parts...too salty, and this is coming from a woman that is all about the salt. Some of the asparagus was also over cooked so that was a bummer.

We ordered the creme brulee for dessert and I really just ate the top sugar. Once you got past the first couple centimeters of the top, the rest was liquid. I was disappointed.

Overall the price of the meal was more than the quality of it. Maybe this place is only best for drinks and nothing else. I don't know that we'll be back to check it out though.