“Sushiv”
Review of Tsubaki

Tsubaki
Ranked #61 of 124 Restaurants in Lufkin
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Well, by that I mean California and Philly rolls. They are delish! Staff is friendly and has a great atmosphere. They also have a Hibachi Grill of you chose or just order off the menu. Either way the food is good and you'll definitely go back for more!

Reviewed 26 June 2017

I will NEVER GO HERE to eat again, took my husband for lunch on Friday for our anniversary. I order chicken tempura bento box lunch. The chicken was bad and smell horrible on the first bite, I had already taken a bite out of the fried broccoli and sweet potatoes. When I told the waitress she offer to get me something else. So I order steak teriyaki when she came back with my lunch I notice that the broccoli and sweet potatoes I had eaten off off where on the plate hot as if they had been put back in the oil and heated. So they put the food I had eaten off of back in there kitchen into the fryer or skillet they use to cook other food. After taken a closer look at the plate it looked as if they sent the same place that the contaminated chicken was on back out with the same food that was on the plate with the chicken instead of fresh food and a fresh plate. When we told waitress she said she would talk to her manager and they would take care of the bill.However she came back with the bill only taking off that meal. But no manager or owner came out to speak to us. If they do this kind of things they should be shut down. They will kill someone with that kind of cross contamination.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

More than dining- it's a total floor show!!! Great food, great entertainment, nice atmosphere, wide selection of menu items.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

I visited the restaurant recently -December 2016- and was impressed with the ambience as well as the food. I dined with coworkers and we sat at the hibachi. Our orders were taken fast but it seemed to take a long time for the meal prep to start. However, once our chef fired up the grill and began his theatrical presentation, I forgot about the prior wait time. Also, management provided excellent customer service when there were problems with our corporate credit cards. They were patient and the card issues were resolved.

Eggy A, Manager at Tsubaki, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2017

Hi Janet,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re glad you enjoyed your visit to Tsubaki and had a great time. We do our best to deliver exceptional service to all our visitors and look forward to having you again very soon. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 29 May 2016

I took seven people here tonight. Disaster! The food was burned so badly the whole plate tasted like scorched onions. Not too done, cremated. And hidden under a rubbery, frozen the nuked chicken breast and a few strips of almost edible bell peppers, three strips of raw carrot and two raw broccoli florets. The Miso soup was warm water with one razor thin slice of a very small mushroom. The fried rice was greasy, no taste, and the salad was poor quality lettuce with Miracle Whip and rice wine vinegar dressing, yuk!
Everyone left at least 1/2 of their food on their plate. I was wishing for a bologna sandwich. Avoid this place, I will certainly never go back. And when we complained no one cared. The waitress said, Oh I am sorry I will yell at the chef, Ha Ha.