“Road Noise”

Quality Inn Marshall
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed 13 May 2017

This is a motel and not a hotel. The breakfast was horrible. The road noise will not allow you to get a good night's sleep. This is not a good place for business minded personnel. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Different Hotel
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
qualityinnmarshall, Manager at Quality Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you for your online review. Please accept my apology on behalf of our entire staff that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. If you choose to stay with us in the future, upstairs in the back away from all road noise would be a request to make, If you call us after you make your third party reservation and inform us about any requests, we will be happy to make sure that they are filled.
We Strive to make sure that every guest who stays with us has a great stay. It pains me that we have failed you.

Bobby Patel

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I requested a quiet room that was far from the road. We ended up in a room at the very end on the second floor. It was far enough from the road to be quiet. The rooms opened to the outside, and I did not see an elevator. The room was spacious and it looked like they had done a recent limited renovation. Everything was clean. There were new lamps, linens, etc. The bed was comfortable so it worked well for us. The breakfast area was small, but the food was good. The price was very reasonable, too. It is close to a busy highway, so be sure to request a quiet room if noise bothers you.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your time in Marshall. I appreciate your helpful review that you have left. I look forward to seeing you in the future.

Dawn

Reviewed 14 March 2017

The hotel is clean the people are friendly and the service was great. I went to this property because the price was right and the place was well kept. I ask the young lady about group rates as my family was getting ready for a family reunion. She told me to check the online price as if you book early you get a discount. I did just that and the discount per room was about $25 savings from the price I got when I called the Hotel local phone.

Room Tip: No advice on rooms I was only there 1 time
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
qualityinnmarshall, Front Desk at Quality Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2017

Thank you for leaving such a nice review. We absolutely enjoy having you stay with us during you time i n Marshall.

Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

I have never treated any guest the way my son and I was treated. First we got sick from the room it's self to find out from it's because of mold in the bathroom in the suite 206. It made all of us very sick. Then one day we get a call, that the gm and housekeeping had to come to the room right now and it was choice policy to inspect 3 times a week. They never showed up after we got up and was forced to leave room very sick. This was the first contact in a week we had from them. Next the billed me $200 for my service animal even after I provide them with papers that I didn't have to. Staff is miss informed by the abestentee GM which I never seen once there in 2 weeks. They also over charged my son credit card to a point we had to cancel it. Next thing is I open a customer care case on some of these issues but never heard from the GM or Choice customer care either. Then last night I called to discuss and the guy said he would call me back because of a bad reception( only on his part I think) and never did.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
qualityinnmarshall, Manager at Quality Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Property CHI
gm
Qualityinn

Reviewed 25 December 2016

We stayed 1 night on our way back home from a Cruise. They a bunch of construction workers staying there too. I walked into the room and sat on couch. An earring poke me in the leg that was laying on the sofa cushion. Carpet was dirty with bits of paper and plastic wrap laying here and there. Microwave was not clean. Shower wall had mold growing between the tiles. Then on top of that we had requested a non smoking room. The rooms on both sides of us were smokers. They didn't smoke in their rooms. Instead the would sit just outside their doors on the walk way and smoke. All the A/C units are on the outside. The smoke would travel into the A/C and into our room. Every time they would smoke I would have to jump up and shut off the A/C. If the room would fill with smoke and we would choke.

Stayed: September 2016
qualityinnmarshall, Front Desk at Quality Inn Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2016

Please accept my most sincere apology, It pains me to hear that you had such a horrid stay. This month all of our rooms have been getting renovated, the room you had stayed in is finally in the process as well. Please note I am not making an excuse for the uncleanliness of your room - as this is not our standard and will be talking to the housekeepers on attention to detail. Thank you so much for bringing these issues to my attention, as all complaints show us where we need to improve.
I do hope to see you in the future so that we may improve your concept of our standards that we strive to maintain.

~Dawn