All reviews stayed here service road front desk tasty breakfast comfortable beds frontage road eggs biscuits other hotels place to stay staff was very friendly coffee maker business center clean hotel great room gps tx
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

On our RT from TX to FL we have stayed at 4 different Holiday Inns or Expresses. All very well appointed & maintained. Staff is professional & very accommodating. Rooms are quiet & breakfast is good. Free wi-fi
I would love to give them all 5 stars but, the beds are hard & bedding is not cuddly.
When it comes down to it, it’s all about the bed. Right? IHG has gone the extra mile to upgrade their properties, but has skimped on comfortable beds.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Wendy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018

Thank you for being our Guest. We appreciate your review and comments.
The Staff and I are grateful that you were pleased with most of your stay. You are right that it's important to have a comfortable bed and your comments will be shared with the correct people.
Again, Thank You! We look forward to seeing you again.
Happy Travels,

Reviewed 30 December 2017

HIE hotels are fairly standard, except depending on the area, the price can vary quite a bit. Around the $100 mark you can get a decent room for the evening here. It is right off the hwy. You will need to take the service road next to a gas station to get to it. They have the usual free breakfast in the morning, a small exercise room (bike, treadmill and a bench for free weights), business center and ice/vending area with some frozen meals as well to use in their microwaves. The rooms come with standard microwave, frig, iron, some toiletries, coffee maker, etc. Although I was disappointed that the frig had no freezer since I travel with a cooler and like to keep my cold pack frozen. They did have 4 plugs over at the desk area, which was nice, but for some reason I find the HIE hotels lack the USB plug ins that many other hotels have to offer. So while they do have extra plugs for your electronics, bring your own device if you need to hook up items that only have USB plugs. I was on the ground floor, not far from the front desk. The ceilings tend to be higher on the ground floor, giving the illusions of being a bigger room. I did hear a lot of banging from above, and some mumbling from next door, but thankfully the walls weren't too thin to hear every word. The hotel seemed quiet later in the evening and I wasn't bothered by any highway noise either. The bed was not too firm, but not overly soft either. The standard soft and firm pillow offered as choice. All rooms are located in the building, which adds to it's safety. I left very early in the morning so I can not comment on the breakfast. I assume it is the same as all the other HIE's. Which is not bad since they usually offer both hot and cold options. Personally I like HIE's because I always feel like I am going to have a clean room, and therefore decent stay. If you have stayed at other HIE's, I think you will find this is like the others, no better, no worse. If you have not, I think you will like the condition of the hotel and the amenities they offer for a decent price.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank maxona
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Very clean hotel
Pool was very nice for the family
Front desk staff was very pleasant and attentive.
Good selection of tv channels
Nice hot water
Third floor did not have any street noise so we had a good nights gets sleep.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here driving through for one night, was very comfortable beds. Slept like a baby. Fantastic included full hot breakfast in the morning. Friendly staff, nice place. Elevators seem dated and in need of modernizing. And parking seem Limited, but all in all a nice place to stay.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Wendy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall appreciates having you as our Guest recently. We also thank you for being a valued Member of IHG Rewards.
Our Guest comments are very important to us. Your kind words concerning are great to hear and share with our Team.
We are truly grateful for your review and for having you as our Guest. We look forward to serving you in the future should you return to Marshall.
Again, Thank You!
Wendy Wallace

Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to Oklahoma and after driving all day from Florida, this place was truly a gem. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very clean and spacious. The breakfast was very good as well. It was a great place to stay when you have a family.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Wendy W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marshall. The Staff and I greaty appreciate your wonderful compliments and are very pleased that we could be of service to you.

Happy Travels!