“Favorite place to stay”

Comfort Suites Marshall
Ranked #3 of 14 Hotels in Marshall
Reviewed 26 July 2017

every year we take a trip to New Orleans, and Marshall Texas is the halfway point in our journey. Being creatures of habit, we have always stayed at one hotel in particular, but this year that hotel's rates were higher than usual so we looked to stay somewhere else. That led us to Comfort Suites. We had two different overnight stays there recently and I have to say that I really loved this hotel. That is high praise considering how fussy I can be when it comes to hotels. The hotel is like new and very well maintened. I love that there are little personal book lights attached to the light next to the beds. I love that there is an actual working fan in the bathroom and that they provide a soap dish for the bathroom sink counter. I love that there are microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. Breakfast is pretty much the same as I find in all chain hotels, but this one had granola! The rooms are quite spacious, especially the King Suite. The first time we stayed we had a queen suite on the first floor. The room itself was perfect, however, the only thing I didn't like was the atmosphere of the room. Even with turning the AC to the lower 60's, it felt muggy/humid, but that is something I find to be true in other chain hotel rooms. Could be that we were on the first floor, could be the weather at that time, but it didn't make for the most comfortable stay. However, our second stay was a King Suite on the third floor and it was not at all muggy/humid. My only real drawback about the hotel is the noise. Overall it wasn't a problem, but during our first stay, guests in the room above us were being loud enough to awaken me around 1:00AM. During the second stay our room faced the pool and we could hear all of the laughing, yelling, talking until it emptied out around 9:30/10:00. Would I stay here again though? Absolutely I would! Overall it was a really great stay in a really great hotel.

Room Tip: For best chance at peace and quiet, choose the 3rd floor facing front (NOT pool side).
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Third week on the road 5k miles so far ....

Lots of Comfort Inns and this Comfort Inn & Suites is the best .. just excellent.

Rooms are large, staff friendly, price is great, lots of towels, hot water you don't wait for, clean showers etc. Just great

and it's right off I-20 ... :)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I stayed here for 11 days in June 2017. The rooms are nice. The beds are comfortable. Nice hardwood in the rooms. Wi-Fi connection was good. The hotel is cleaned. The staff if friendly and helpful. There is a nice swimming pool, and a small workout room with treadmill. I also used the dry-cleaning and laundry service, and it was affordable and efficient. I would stay in this hotel anytime I am in Marshall.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2017

I got caught in a severe thunderstorm and pulled in for the night. I was given a wonderful 1st floor room. Very nice room and so quite. The breakfast was good and fresh. The night clerk and breakfast clerk were so friendly.

Stayed: May 2017
Roxana S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2017

I am so happy to know that you are safe and that you stopped in for the night.
Thank you for commenting about our staff, I know it was a pleasure for them serving you and I have shared your comments with them.

We look forward seeing you again in the future.

Best regards,

Roxana S.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

I rarely give poor reviews but i was disturbed by what happened with credit card charges from this hotel. I made a reservation to stay at this property a couple of hours before checking in. We were on the road, so I made the reservation from my mobile phone. We checked in, things were fine, there was no mention of any concerns with the reservation. Weeks later, when I reviewed my credit card statement, I found a charge for the night we stayed, plus an additional charge 2 weeks later. After involving my credit card company and investigating what happened, it appears that when I made the reservation from my mobile phone, that the reservation was for two weeks later. However, no one informed me of this when I checked in. The manager acknowledged that I did not stay on the second date but they charged me anyway. It was clearly an error, and this was basically acknowledged, but they refused to vacate the charge. An establishment that does this is clearly more interested in collecting money than in maintaining good customer service and I find that very distasteful.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Roxana S, General Manager at Comfort Suites Marshall, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review Comfort Suites Marshall. Our guest's comments are very important to us and we value each one of them.
I am very sorry to hear of your experience with a No Show charge due to a mistake in your booking date. With so many electronic ways of booking it is very important to read your confirmation dates and contact the hotel or booking site to make the necessary changes in case of an error in order to avoid No Show charges. If a reservation is not cancelled a No Show charge is applied to the credit card which was used to guarantee the reservation. As suites are held until 7 am the following morning for all confirmed reservations.
Unfortunately, at the time of your check in we had no way of knowing that you had mistakenly booked a second reservation for a future stay. Had you provided your confirmation number, mentioned it at the time of check in, or anytime within the cancellation period, it would have been our pleasure to cancel the reservation without penalty.
In the future, please keep in mind that when booking online via any website, it is important to read your confirmation to ensure the booking dates are correct and contact the hotel or website directly to make any changes.

Best regards,