“Poor quality food as usual”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #18 of 522 Restaurants in McAllen
Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Stopped going to Cracker Barrel sometime ago after experiencing the really poor quality food. Nothing has changed. This is an example of really poor quality food that people line up, wait for 1/2 - 1 hour to eat. The precious 1/2 - 1 wanted hour of their lives that they will never get back. Avoid this chain at all costs!!!! Will not recommend or visit for a long time or ever!!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

Decided to stop in after our golf game as it is on the way home. It was not the busy at 4:30. We walked up to the check in. There were two young greeters there...one asked how many we said 2....then this older waitress comes up grabs the menus and says....how many again we say 2...the young person looks at her and ask are you going to sit them...she snorted yes....we followed her to our table....before I could sit down she was asking me what I would like to drink. I asked for a beer....we don't serve that....Ok..my wife ordered a water....before she served the water she comes what would like....I said another moment to at least look at the menu.....she brought the water again we were still looking at the menu...she asked what would you like...I again said we were not ready. when we ready to order she was not around...but that is ok we were in no hurry.....My wife had the fried chicken with 2 sides....I had the pork chop with a side of mashed pats and corn. My said she would like to corn bread....we got the come back...It comes with both....ok...my wife's chicken was hot...but her potatoes were cold. My corn was cold and the portion was very small for the cost. I do not think we will be eating at any Cracker Barrels in the near future. It was not a great eating experience.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

We had a group of eight. Had to set at different tables but that was ok. The food is good but the waiting time was bad. We had to wait 45 mins to be seated and the place was packed. To much stuff for sale and not enough room for customers.

Reviewed 17 February 2018

I was visiting from out of state and was looking for something different, so I picked this place. I was very impressed with the food, I wish I would have taken a picture of the chicken fried steak I ordered it was HUGE! I couldn't finish it, it was so good. Next time I go down to Texas I will return to this place.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

The wait could be long, up to 40 minutes. Once you are there, the service is friendly and fast. They forgot to bring silverware so we had to wait another five minutes with the food in front of us. The food is good and the variety is ok.
Nothing spectacular but you will eat right.
Would go back.

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!