Texan Guest Ranch
La Quinta
US$79
Agoda.com
US$61
All reviewswinter texansweekly cleaningmcallen areafully equipped kitchenheated poolhome away from homemaintenance staffplace to staygreat amenitiescleaning ladiesbarnworkoutlaundryelectricityvalleymaidcontribute
Reviewed 25 April 2017

This place is fabulous because of the property and the people. It is a historic site with a couple of acres to take your evening walk. It is very inexpensive and clean Ans very safe, which is so important in this area. The folks working there are family, and I love seeing them every time I go. I really cant say enough good things about Yexan Guest Ranch!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We have enjoyed our 19th year as Winter Texans at the Texan Guest Ranch. This is our home away from home for the winter months. We stay in the "historic" older apartments which are very comfortable with a queen size bed and the fully equipped kitchen/dining area meet our needs. The Ranch has accommodations to suit any need: full size apartment, suites, RV sites and even some 3 bedroom mobile homes.

The manager(s), maintenance staff, maid service, grounds workers all contribute to an enjoyable, stress free break for us from the cold winter weather back home in Michigan.

We enjoy the pool, (the best in the valley), area golfing and the socializing with fellow Winter Texans. I would recommend the Texan Guest Ranch to anyone looking for a get-away destination or working people seeking safe, friendly accommodations when having to work away from home.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We were looking for nicer place to spend our winter in Southern Texas. We found this place through internet. After sent e-mail, we received very quick response from them. We were little anxious about their price since the facility looked really good in their pictures. However, it was really reasonable. When we arrived there, we were impressed with the beautiful facility. We loved their home style atmosphere surrounded by many trees and flowers. During our stay, we felt that this is our 2nd home. We were also impressed by seeing how every staffs is working hard to keep the facility be clean and comfortable. Finally, we decided to come back to there next year as same as other many residents are doing so.

Room Tip: Apartment is the best choice for longer stay.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 19 April 2017

Thank you for your stay at Texan Guest Ranch. We are glad that you were impressed with our beautiful facility. We pride ourselves in being able to meet all your needs during your trip. Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback.
We look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

My family and I were relocating to McAllen so this is where we stayed while looking for a home. The entire staff was so friendly and helpful that I would be writing a long time to include everything they did for us.

We stayed in one of their trailers which did allow us to have our dog and fit us all nicely. We were originally only going to stay about 2 months but that turned into 3 months and they were always so accommodating of our change in plans. By the end of our stay I was on a name to name basis with most of the staff and when we had some visitors all the staff was very kind and accommodating to them too.

It was great having a gym and heated pool on site and since we were there over the holidays we learned that management has regular activities to help everyone feel welcome and at home.

When I did have any concerns, such as some internet trouble, the staff was attentive and worked with me to get the problem fixed. I would say they went above and beyond when it came to some of my requests.

I want to say Thank You to everyone!! - management, cleaning ladies, maintenance, etc. and I will highly recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2016

I loved how relaxing this place it! Where do I start? From the entrance to the ranch it makes you feel like you are in Texas! The western theme is everywhere but it's not overdone, the palm trees are swaying in the breeze, the lawns are manicured and tropical plants wherever you look, and there is even an olive tree field! The pool is inviting even to someone who doesn't know how to swim. The room is large, with a queen-sized bed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot and a big, comfy rocking chair to watch cable tv from, and free Wi-Fi!. The water pressure in the shower is to die for, a mini massage with every shower! The staff is friendly, and always available to meet your needs and offer you a hot pot of coffee when you stop by the office. They also offer a well-equipped gym and a 65-inch tv in the guest lounge!

There is a reason they are in their 50th year and it's because it feels like home but a little bit better! It's a great place to stay when you're in McAllen!

Room Tip: Their rooms run from a studio to a townhouse so there is something for everyone!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family