“Great stay!”
Review of Texan Guest Ranch

Texan Guest Ranch
Reviewed 12 July 2017

We loved the extra space in our unit, it was great having a kitchen and being able to cook at home, our unit had washer and dryer as well, so we didn't have to go to a laundry mat every time we needed to wash. Our kids really enjoyed the pool.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I was brand new to the area when I arrived from FL and I was welcomed and well taken care off before I got here, the staff and management made it a very easy and pleasant experience to me. They helped me a lot prior to get here and were staying late to get me settled in when I arrived after their work hours.
They have a great and friendly team and the owner is always around helping as well, if you wanted to feel home this is the right place.
The apartments are fully furnished and have great furniture and fancy ranch style.

I loved it and would recommend to the new pilots and any other staff that comes to the area looking for short or long term.

Room Tip: First floors near the pool area are great.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Can't recommend this lovely property enough. We rented the 2 bedroom apartment for the week of my surgery in Mexico, and this place was heaven to recover at. So peaceful, yet very convenient to everything in McAllen, Edinburg, Mission and Pharr areas. Loads to do if you decide to get out and about.
The staff is fantastic, as are the other guests and residents we met during our stay. It was PERFECT for our needs, and so much better than staying in a traditional hotel.
We had a kitchen, the beds are very comfortable, the AC works great, and there are ceiling fans in every room. The pool area is like a little oasis, and walking the trails on the property was relaxing and therapeutic. We will be back in November, and May next year for my procedure follow ups, and I'm already looking forward to staying there again, and I'm already planning a non-medical visit so I can enjoy some of the fantastic restaurants I didn't get to try this time. Yum!.
The onsite laundry and gym are both convenient and well equipped too!
If you are looking for a weekly, or longer, stay I highly recommend Texan Guest Ranch. You will not be sorry you stayed!

Room Tip: They have every thing from traditional style hotel rooms, to efficiencies, to apartments, to cottage...
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2017

Bring bug spray, there are a lot of biting bugs. it was nice to see the orange trees in flower and the banana trees were also putting on fruit. And you could watch lots of birds playing around the area.

Room Tip: Stay in the bigger rooms then you do not hear the AC.
Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2017

This place is fabulous because of the property and the people. It is a historic site with a couple of acres to take your evening walk. It is very inexpensive and clean Ans very safe, which is so important in this area. The folks working there are family, and I love seeing them every time I go. I really cant say enough good things about Yexan Guest Ranch!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business