“Holiday Brunch was terrible”

Beacon Harbourside Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely terrible brunch on a holiday for an outrageous price. We have been before when it’s not a holiday and it was good and reasonable with omelette station and good variety and good food. Went for brunch, happened to be on a holiday weekend and they charged twice the price and it was terrible. My husband walked up and down the buffet trying to see something that would be good. It was sloppy and all items were like a big potluck of basic foods ie perogies, meatballs etc. Terrible. The eggs Benedict was not edible, dry and disgusting. My 8 year old who loves eggs Benedict could not even bring himself to eat it. And the dishes were messy, the floors behind where the food was served was food covered. The dessert selection was pitiful and all dried out. Worst rate desserts. Not even up to the standard of their normal buffet, totally different goods served for their holiday brunch and it was not good!

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I think the view lures you in, but I have to say, great burgers and a great selection. We had a lovely lunch and our server was very pleasant. We look forward to visiting again in the future.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Visited the restaurant tonight with my hubby for date night. We both had prime rib dinners. Both were cooked to perfection! Vegetables were also cooked perfectly... Good ole El Dente :) I had a glass of wine with the dinner and my husband also had a drink. Not only were the meals prepared and tasted excellent, the value was awesome too. Large portions and good prices. Win win win.

2  Thank Ann M
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We have gone to this restaurant many a times... we keep giving the benefit of the doubt but this is the last time... i cant understand why a restaurant with only 1-5 tables filled can take an hour and a half to get served and fed. We did not even get an appetizer! The fish is apparently good as per my husband..but i had the ribs last night.. they were huge so i thought they would be great..nope! Sadly mistaken. They were just huge bones with little meat..they tasted like boiled meat with ketchup sauce! I couldn't even finish 3out of the 4 i was given.
Every time we go there there is litterally only one or two of us in this whole restaurant but you can guarantee that u will be there for a minimum of 1.5-2 hrs.. and if u order an app...well first you have to hope that they remember it as they forgot i even ordered one the time before and the waitress advised us "dont worry i wont charge you for it"....ummmmmm thats obvious since i did not get it! Anyways..the best part of the restaurant is the restaurant itself..seating in the booths (however by Windows it is super cold and will have to keep jacket on). The atmosphere is beutiful but that where it ends... the service is terrible ...the food is sub par and for whatever reason i have never seen a manager there to atleast apologize to its patrons...
Sad...but although this place is nice to look at... as they say..dont judge the book by its cover :(

3  Thank Jocelyn K
Beacon H, Manager at Beacon Harbourside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the service you received. I look forward to passing on your comments to the chef in hopes of improving our ribs. As the restaurant manager, I send my regrets for not coming out to the table to offer my personal apology. I understand the offer for removing the drinks or offering complimentary dessert was declined, but let us know if you are interested in joining us in the future for a complimentary Sunday Brunch.

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

Decided to try this restaurant with a Groupon voucher. Groupon include a 5 course meal for 2. Soup & ceaser salad each, soup was chicken & chic pea. Large portions. Appetizer was spinach & artichoke dip which was large but very salty to taste. Prime rib was great. Cooked how you like. Only 1 dessert option which was a chocolate mousse. Overall, for the price the meal was good. Left very full. 1 drawback was that everything was heavily salted. Dinning room has a beautiful view of the lake.

Beacon H, Manager at Beacon Harbourside Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

We truly appreciate your feedback. We are always looking to improve in any way possible. You certainly can not beat the view. We are very please you enjoyed the Groupon and look forward to seeing you again soon. Don't forget to make reservations for Christmas Day Grand Buffet and our New Year's Gala. Cheers :)