“Great place for food and beer”
Review of Schonbuch Brauhaus

Schonbuch Brauhaus
Ranked #5 of 127 Restaurants in Boblingen
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Have been here with my friends in December this year. Place is always busy, so you have to book in advance, otherwise you may wait for an hour. Traditional German Brauhaus atmosphere. Food is great, but the portions are huge. Prices are moderate. We have ordered a Schweinshaxe / Pork knuckle, 2 Vegetarian Flammkuchen and an Oven Potato plus two glasses of beer each. The bill came about 60 euros in total.
We made friends with German guys who were sitting next to us, so we've spent a great time in German traditional way. Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

Traditional German cuisine. Very good food, but a little on the heavy side for my tastes. Did not see any other meats/proteins on the menu other than pork. But let's face it, most people come to this restaurant for the BEER!

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

This is a real opportunity to experience a bit of Southern Germany food and atmosphere. As is typical in Germany, we were seated with another group and had an opportunity to get to know them.

The Brauhaus has a number of menu items that are local Swabian cuisine. I had the pork roast with noodles and red cabbage and it was excellent.

One recommendation: this is a popular place, so it is helpful to have reservations, particularly if you have more than two people.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Great traditional Brauhaus menu and wonderful selection of locally produced beer. There is lots of seating which is often at or close to capacity. So, if you are going with a larger party I would highly recommend making reservations in advance. I have never come across a staff member that did not speak English to assist when my limited German failed me. I guess the best thing I can say is...I have been many times and will be back many more. The only minor things is follow on service can get a little slow when things get packed but food always comes out pretty quick.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

A great find, open Sundays and public holidays (when everything is closed!) a huge restaurant and outdoor beer garden with children play ground. Food is mid range priced but large portion size.