1,735 results
All reviews pool area sea view bar staff lovely hotel two double beds vip area bus stop outside the hotel plenty of sunbeds toasties fussy eater great holiday rooms are large stir fry themed nights meal times lots of choice spanish guests
Reviewed 8 August 2015

I purposely did not read any reviews before I went to Best Benalmadena, as I think you would never venture away from home if you did.

Good points:
Room - Very clean room and looked like it had been recently refurbished.
Clean towels every day.
Asked the maid for an extra pillow and had one provided.
Reception area very pleasant and the view over the sea is stunning.
Food - very good and varied choices suitable for all. Regularly being topped up by the kitchen staff. Especially liked the effort to add a different international theme most nights. I liked the Turkish night. I have been on more expensive holidays to Cuba, Dom Republic and Mexico and had food no where near as good as this.
My 5 & 7 year old girls enjoyed the entertainment activities the eldest of who was in tears on leaving, as she did not get to say goodbye to Maria and David.
All the drinks were top brands rather than the usual local equivalents seen in other Spanish hotels
Found the staff to be very hard working

Possible improvements:
Pool could be a little larger for the size of the hotel and could do with anti slip surfaces around the pool edge.
Entertainment on an evening was not the greatest, though I really liked the Flamenco dancing. My kids liked the entertainment, so at least this made us happy.

Overall
Would I return? Yes definitely.
This is a hotel where the large majority of guests are Spanish. This is a good thing for me as there are not the loud, obnoxious , football shirt wearing English oiks found in many other Spanish hotels.
It also works well at dinner time.. The Spanish habit of eating much later in the evening ,meant there was never any problem finding a table in the restaurant before 2100 hrs.
The location was perfect for us. It is a short bus ride down to the Marina area, but even my 5 & 7 year olds enjoyed the walk back from there along the beach and promenade.

3  Thank TomTomMFCC
BestHotels2015, Gerente at Hotel Best Benalmadena, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments after your recent visit to our hotel Best Benalmadena. We are extremely pleased that you had a pleasant stay and our services lived up to your expectations. We hope to welcome you once again in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 August 2015 via mobile

Just returned and agree with the comments about the staff and entertainment.

Hotel was clean, our house keeper on the 8th floor was always smiley and happy.
Bar staff were ignorant except for the young one, who was friendly and polite.
We needed 3 rooms together and weren't allocated them on arrival but reception quickly re arranged that.
We had 8 children with us and luckily they entertained themselves, as if your not spainish the children really didn't get included in the entertainment. The night we did stayed in the hotel, the entertainment team were holding a ping pong tournament, which our children were over looked by the them, my son even stood up to take his go and the guy said no and put someone else up, until I went over and they got a shoot. Then I heard a teenage spainish girl say to a young boy "why do you come here if you can't even speak spainish", not that the hotel has any control over that but I just think it's the general consensus of the hotel staff and other clientele..

Despite this we had a lovely holiday and got on with it, spent a lot of time doing activities outside the hotel. Wouldn't let a few arrogant people ruin our family holiday.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for not having met your expectations and for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay. We would like to clarify that we treat all our guests with the same respect, regardless their nationality, even some of our staff are from other countries in order to make the communication easier with foreigner guests. We hope you will give us another chance to rectify and to recover your confidence on a future visit.

Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

Travelled the world and stayed in all types of places so like to feel I know what I'm talking about..
Heading to Spain with this type of price range we weren't expecting The Ritz but some things really need improving here.
The positives - nice location, right on the beach, not sunbathing on the roads like many of the nearby hotels, local bars and restaurants within walking distance and Not far on the bus or taxi to the beautiful Marina.
The Hotel itself isn't horrific by any stretch and I can't really fault it for poor cleanliness or lack of amenities.
Drinks are mostly original branded ones and not cheap copies like many other all inclusive hotels.
Rooms are large with modern bathrooms and majority have lovely sea views.
Not full of lager louts and stag parties!

Now for The Negatives- Entertainment is the worst thing I've ever seen, I'd rather have watched drunk karaoke in the local pub, don't get me wrong they did try... But I genuinely do not think if you aren't Spanish that you will enjoy what they do. They do not focus on the English speaking guests hardly at all, even the singing acts (which are like something from a 1970's talent show) don't sing in English much at all.
If you are not there for entertainment and plan to go and find your own fun outside the complex this will not be a problem for you.
The food... It's quite typical and standard for this type of all In holiday but it really did drag after a few days, just the same old that tasted the same night after night... You won't starve there by any means but he nights we went to tell restaurants felt like we had walked into one of Gordon Ramsey's places! If you plan to eat out a lot then again it might not concern you too much.
Whilst on the restaurant, on our last night we were seated at a table (4adults and 2 children) we noticed it was a little wobbly but didn't think too much of it... Moments later the whole table just gave way and crashed down onto the floor giving way to all the plates, food, bottled drinks etc, the staff ran over and began clearing up, not one person including the restaurant manager apologised it asked if we were no and we were not asked for 15 minutes if we wanted another drink... The table turned out to be one like you paste wallpaper on, flimsy which they removed immediately from the dining area. Crazy to sit so many around a table like that and not offer an apology.
The lifts... Seriously the worst lifts anywhere in the world ever... Boiling hot, 12 floors, stops at every floor, slow and makes you want to rip your own eyes out after 2 weeks of it, seriously, THAT BAD! Pray for a 1st or 2nd floor room!
Staff.. 50/50 some are lovely, some seem like they want you dead, literally.
Pool... Too small but manageable, very, very slippery, saw a many people slip but they don't seem to learn and will not put down mats etc, very strange considering how dangerous this could turn out to be, sun beds are all cramped together, if you get up early enough to get one!
The Gym.. Dated but does the job but zero air con or fan, after 5 minutes you feel like you are going to pass out and that's before the workout begins!
The Beds.. Large and satisfactory but the waterproof sheet they use underneath is uncomfortable and annoying.. I'm not going to wet the bed! Also it's one long pillow for two people to share, how can I manoeuvre mine to suit when my Wife's head is moulded into the other side!!
WiFi.. Promised but is slower than a turtle in quick sand, I have a good phone and laptop so it wasn't that!

This place could be improved over night and really gain some respect but they just don't seem to want to put in that extra effort, such a shame really as it could be lovely.
It is definitely more like 3 star hotel in a lovely spot with great weather and beaches but food, entertainment and not camping out in sauna lifts are too important to ignore for us. If you are looking for simple, pleasant and don't need entertainment you will probably be very satisfied but it just wasn't good enough for us and many other guests we spoke to.

Finally a reviewer a few behind mine left a very poor review regarding his disabled wife, I was there when they were and would have to vouch for all he has said regarding his experience, no lies or exaggerations I'm afraid, he also was the first to jump up and help my 3 year old son when he slipped by the pool, not a lifeguard or member of staff and I thank him greatly for that.

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Jtse12

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry for not having met your expectations and for any inconvenience you might have experienced during your stay. We hope you will give us another chance to rectify and to recover your confidence on a future visit.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Lovely hotel, cleaned and fresh towels daily. Plenty selections at meal times. Only down point, the hotel sits on the main duel carriage way from Marbella to Malaga and constantly busy. Also too far from the main Harbour and restaurants. If it's a quiet holiday great hotel not for me sorry.

Room tip: Large spacious room. Location fine.
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
BestHotels2015, Gerente at Hotel Best Benalmadena, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your kind opinion about our hotel Best Benalmadena, despite our hotel is not as you exactly expected due to its location. Thank you for highlighting our maid service and our gastronomy. We are sorry for not having met your expectations and we hope to welcome you in an other establishment of Best Hotels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2015

Just back from a week at Best Benalmadena. Lovely room, cleaned every day and cleaners were the friendliest members of staff.
The rest of the staff were very rude and not very helpful. Very hard to communicate with them and to resolve any issues you had.
Pool area was untidy and way too small for the size of the hotel. The bar at the pool didn't offer much in terms of snacks so you had to keep going to the supermarket across the road. Female poolside toilets were filthy.
On a plus, breakfast was great. Huge selection which catered for all different tastes.
A short walk into the town and you have a large selection of restaurants to choose from. Mint leaf on the main street is a must, very friendly staff and amazing food.
This hotel should be a 3 star.

3  Thank Kell1975

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your opinion about our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you appreciated the hotel room, the cleanliness and the kindness of the staff. On the other hand we are sorry for not having met your expectations about the pool area and the products served at the bar. We do our best in order to keep our facilities clean and in general in good conditions.