I stayed here with my dad in September 2017 for a week of golf and sunshine.
There are some mixed reviews and I think that this might be due to few things.
1. The rooms we had were really quite small and a bit spartan for a four star hotel. Our rooms were located at the back of the hotel and involved taking two lifts and a walk along a long corridor to get there. We had paid for single occupancy of two double rooms but am pretty sure that some double rooms are better than ours were.
2. The food, while good quality, is a bit samey and more for continental Europeans tastes.
3. We had a few a few gin and tonics and noted that they tasted of nothing! I asked to see the bottle and it turned out it was a gin made in Mallorca that was only 25% alcohol! We were on all inclusive but we were able to ask for Gordon's Gin as this was included at no extra cost but felt they should ditch the weak stuff! I had a similar experience with the vodka too!
4. I arrived late at night and parked my hire car at the back of the hotel we there is a car park there. We were fortunate to meet a couple parking up who let us in the back gate and showed us to reception. This is a very long and painful walk when you have heavy bags so I would recommend you drop your things at reception rather than attempt this journey.
However there are positive aspects to the hotel. There are spectacular terraces on the 6th floor where you can sunbathe or enjoy the view with a drink. There are three different pools (one indoor). It is well located for the main part of the resort and the beach.
I noted some negative reviews on here for staff working here. I thought that all the staff were hard working, polite and professional. In particular some people commented in a negative way about Monica on reception. Given she works all day during the day I suppose she has to deal with some difficult conversations. However I found her to be very professional and helpful even after I locked myself out out my room for a second time!
The resort was pretty busy so we had limited hotel options for an all inclusive hotel in Santa Ponsa so given more options I may have chosen another hotel but I wouldn't have a problem staying here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Bahia del Sol Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Hotel Santa Ponsa
- Sol Hotel Bahia Del
- Bahia Del Sol Santa Ponsa
- Bahia Del Sol Hotel Santa Ponsa, Majorca