The hotel is relatively newly renovated (2008 i think) and appear as neat and tidy exterior, with lovely soft sofas in the lounge and nice and decorative design.
The pool is nice and clear. There is no noise from children and teenagers as they are not welcome here. Lots of sun chairs and plenty of room at the pool side. A little water gymnastics once a day is refreshing.
Spa with massage and sauna costs extra, but here is not especially large, nor exciting. Prices remain somewhat high. In contrast, the gym’s for free, where there are treadmills, elliptical cross. Muscle machines and dumbbells.
Rooms are reasonable size and feature the most needed for 2 people. There are simple decorative items on walls and cabinets, but not flashy. The furniture is fresh in color and fine and decent. Beds are (i think ) of the Scandinavian standard, fairly comfortable. However, it is not double beds, but beds are put side by side. There is great no noise at or near the hotel at night.
Refrigerator and hard dry are the rooms like iron and kitchenware. The bathrooms could use a renovation very soon, because although they are still nice and functional, they begin to suffer from the general lack of quality performing on Spanish buildings.
The view from the rooms facing south are beautiful and very hot. There people can sunbathe undisturbed on the terrace during the day, and play cards at the little light on the wall at night.
The food is delicious and inviting if you go eat the package they offer. However, the meal is not overwhelming, but varies in both size and quality. We found their evening dining package very nice and welcoming. Buffet is like at other Spanish hotels (boring after 4 days)
Breakfast food is however very delicious, although there have been cut down to supply the last few years. It’s not allowed to take food out of the restaurant, just like tea and coffee after breakfast costs money.
Parking is available on the doorstep of the hotel in a large roundabout. No problems here, except when there is a carnival.
Evening entertainment is typical of charter hotels, “A man and his guitar - Perhaps with a singer”.
Bikes can be borrowed against a deposit.
Very helpful people at reception, who will listen to your wishes and problems.
We can warmly recommend this hotel to couples without children. 4 out of 5 **** stars from here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunprime Atlantic View is a popular adults only hotel with a good location in Playa del Inglés, close to a few of Gran Canaria's best golf courses. The hotel has a lovely pool area with three heated pools and offers a variety of activities if you want an active holiday. You can also indulge yourself with a spa treatment or enjoy a good meal at the restaurant followed by a cocktail at the bar. Sunprime Atlantic View is the perfect option if you want to treat yourself to a restful and enjoyable holiday in beautiful surroundings. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sunprime Atlantic View Suites And Spa
- Sunprime Atlantic View Hotel Playa Del Ingles
- Sunprime Atlantic View Playa Del Ingles, Gran Canaria