All reviews nice stay nice pool turn right fantastic location a great place to stay pool area walking distance gran canaria duplex key microwave complex bedroom yumbo tv german sun
Reviewed 26 May 2017

A small complex of duplex Bungalows, ( which aren't actually Bungalows), which are very clean and comfortable. A gated complex, with a secure pool area, if you are looking for peace and quiet without lots of entertainment, then this is the place. A short walk down to the promenade gives you a view of the beach and sea, and steps at either end take you down to the beach, shops, bars and restaurants.
We don't often go to the same place twice, but we look forward to going back here.
A great resort and complex.

Date of stay: May 2017
2  Thank Maureen108
Reviewed 10 May 2017

I have just arrived back from 1 week there.. Well What Can I say? These Bungalows are just perfectly located, for all...
The beach is literally 50 yards away, If you have never been there before, you come out of the reception gate, cross the road, walk straight ahead and the beach is there, Cant miss the blue telescope over looking the coast.
I WILL give all advice on what shop to use, Come out of the bungalow turn Right, so the bungalows are on your right, follow the road round, you will see a Little shop on the left down a slope, (DO NOT USE THIS) very rude, milk was 4 days out of date and wouldn't change it, end expensive. Besides that is a slope follow down to the end (Pass the toilets on the right) then to the end turn right and on your right is DINO (THE BEST) Fresh bread, fruit, veg daily, amazing supermarket.
Back to the bungalow, They are very well equipped Kitchens, they don't have an oven but you get by with the micro wave and hot plates, everything you need is in it.
People saying beds are uncomfortable, NOT for me, they are a firm Foam mattress (Which is what I have at home) I slept very well..
Air con upstairs and downstairs, The bathroom and shower etc was perfect, I had the most lovely cleaning lady (Dark hair and glasses) very polite and pleasant.
Bungalows 1-18 are pool side, I stand in number 17 which had great views for the pool and was a sun trap by 10am, staff all very helpful..!!
Its a 5-10 min walk to the Yumbo centre which is literally 2 roads and your there..
I don't know what else I can say, Its PERFECT and my next visit to Gran Canaria WILL be at the Playamar Bungalows.
Worth a lot more than 3 stars, Thank you all for making my holiday that extra special. I will be back , very quiet and relaxed.
Great wifi... Awesome !!!
The pictures attached are of Bungalow 17

Room tip: 1-18 Best Bungalows..
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Mark J
Reviewed 24 April 2017

The bungalows are actually two storeys, and space is generous, nice living room area, with small kitchenette, then upstairs is a bedroom and bathroom.

The poolside is well maintained.

Everything is cleaned regularly and little extras are provided to help - like wheeled bags to use for shopping. Location is OK, close to the beach, but everything in the area is touristy.

Internet is a little flakey, needs some maintenance.

Room tip: Ask for pool view
Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 10 March 2017

I would have loved to be able to give Playamar Bungalows a higher rating, because it is beautiful, very clean, very nice staff and so forth - I can't complain about anything BUT a very important part, which is the only reason I can't give higher rating :( The beds are so uncomfortable (hard mattress). We woke up every morning like we had been ran over with a truck! And never had any urge to lounge in bed, or downs stairs in the living room for that matter.... also the couch very uncomfortable, and only for sitting, not lounging like you would like to do to relax on a romantic trip with your significant other :) We did also miss not having an oven to be able through in a store bought pizza for example, but no biggie :)

We were put in a bungalow with no view over the swimming pool as the once displayed in pictures. We mentioned that to the staff and there was no problem to move us the next morning by the pool. Everything very clean, and the property very well attended to. Gated community - Had to open gate into the property with a key, so very safe. Very quiet for a nice relaxing time :)

I would definitely stay there again if they would change out the beds for more comfortable ones :)

Date of stay: March 2017
Reviewed 23 February 2017

We were allocated a bungalow at the rear of the property where there was no sun but the receptionist very kindly moved us the next morning to number 5 which was pool facing and we had the sun for most of the day. Very clean and comfortable but could do with 2 pillows for each person. The only complaint we had was that the reception was very hit and miss and was not always open during the advertised open hours. We were not able to extend our checkout time and so had to hand in our keys at 12.00. We were given a key for the security gate but if you remained by the pool there are no toilet facilities. We also had to catch a cleaner to open the reception so that we could retrieve our luggage from reception and the cleaner was not able to call us taxi to airport so we had to drag our cases for about a mile and ask the Riu hotel to phone a taxi for us. Taxis cost approx. 40 euros (cheaper on the return journey). Despite this we had a brilliant time and would recommend this property if you don't mind the other guests and area being predominantly geared for German tourists.

Room tip: Rooms 1 - 18 are all pool facing and get most sun
Date of stay: February 2017