“Nice food but wouldn’t return ”
Review of La Piazza

La Piazza
Ranked #251 of 394 Restaurants in Playa del Ingles
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had nice meal tonight and the waiters were friendly and not their fault but three of us had finished eating before the other two even got their meal. Rather spoiled the experience of going out for a meal together

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My friend and I mads the mistake of stopping when the man outside gave us the chat! we were hungry and the place looked nice , with tables overlooking the beach and big heaters to take the chill off the air, the place was busy so we assumed it must be good. Never Assume.!!
After hassling us both in the door the staff were very unfriendly and slow to take our orders, i then noticed a lot of the other customers were a bit unhappy looking too. we were about to leave when they came to take our order, the food was slow to arrive, we had steaks which were horrible and tasteless.. ( obviously frozen),, the garlic mushrooms were okay but thats the best i can say. We tried to be polite and smiled but staff made no attempt at customer care . We asked directions to a nearby attraction and the waiter just shrugged and said he hadn't heard of it ( its actually very well known and not far from the restaurant). 3 times during our meal we were interrupted by sunglasses and cheap jewelry salesmen, one of whom was really rude and we felt a bit intimidated. The staff from the restaurant turned a blind eye to all of this. No salt and pepper on table and when i asked the waiter glared, took some off the next table and banged it down on ours. needless to say we didnt order desert or coffee! Best advice i can give is DONT STOP... keep on walking, there are far nicer places to eat in the same area.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Can't say anywhere in GC has wowed me to date and usually any restaurant with pictures on the menu is one I'd skip. I had looked at top 40 in Playa Ingles and this didn't rate a mention, but I walked from my hotel for a sunset swim and fancied Italian so resigned myself to a lack lustre meal. I am vegetarian and GC not great for me but I was pleasantly surprised. The staff were super friendly contrary to many comments and couldn't have been more attentive. I had garlic mushrooms and Piazza salad for starters which they supplemented without requesting since I took out the non vegetarian aspects. The olives in the salad were not the disgusting pitted ones and actually had flavour, unlike a previous higher rated Italian restaurant. Mushrooms were good.
Main was a simple spaghetti napoletana and to be honest couldn't fault it. Spaghetti cooked properly and sauce tasty - simple but good.
House was drinkable... Cannot complain at all. 5 stars needs to be amazing but I'm pretty fussy and my meal was lovely.
Would eat here again if I returned.

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Would not recommend this place. The Pizza was we, and my caprese salat came with lamast no basilicum.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

Very nice location, but please avoid their Don Simon Sangria. 3 45 for a small glass. Worse sangria on GC sorry to say, but it could be much better