See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 January 2017

I came to Deer Lake Lodge seeking a new experience. I wanted to remove myself from the hustle and bustle of my hectic life and slow down to focus inward. I knew I needed to make some health changes in my life, and Deer Lake Lodge seemed like the perfect place. After 4 days here, and 2 days pre-fasting, I cannot believe the amount of difference that I feel in my body, mind, and soul. I have attempted a detoxing fast in the past but gave up. I felt hungry, I had a horrible headache, and I just didn't have the will power. But, during my pre-fast, I felt as though there was someone waiting for me to finish it, so I couldn't give up. And while I was here, I was never hungry. I did have some detox headaches, but that is pretty normal. I just rubbed some peppermint oil on my temple and they would disappear! Amazing. Another fun aspect of the weekend, besides the amazing property, gorgeous rooms, and incredible treatments, was the ladies. We became fast friends and bonded over stories of what we wanted to change in our lives. We even vowed to come back to Deer Lake Lodge together, in one year. I highly recommend Deer Lake Lodge for anyone who is looking to restart their body, mind, and soul. This is truly a beautiful, magical place.

Room Tip: Either option is great; it's more about the experience and less about the room choice. Just pick what works best with your budget!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank Lauren I
DLLRS13, Public Relations Manager at Deer Lake Lodge Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Your review made our day! We love it when we can be a part of your health journey. It means so much when you take the time to let us know about your detox experience with us. If we can do anything else, please let us know. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

This was my husband and my first time visiting a health spa resort. We went into this trip not knowing what to expect. Not because we've never detoxed, but because we've never visited a place where detoxing was life for that moment in time. Detoxing amongst people with a similar goal makes everything easier.

Deer Lake Lodges Suites and Cabins are beautiful! You'd never know that these buildings are ship containers.

The staff is wonderful. Everyone is nice. I like that we didn't feel rushed or pressured. Everything we did was at our leisure.

Definitely make a visit if you're in the area.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeautyandtheBump

We absolutely love it when couples come together in their health journey to visit our spa! Thank you so much for your kind words. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you come back soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

How can a re-set detox retreat be elegant? This place really gets it right. There are plenty of spa pampering services to help pass the time with no meals or wine!! I did a magnesium wrap which I highly recommend. A foot detox, - full body tropical scrub which was heavenly, a facial and a mani-pedi. I also did 4 colonics for each of the four days I was there. Yep I am squeaky clean!!! The staff was very professional and helpful. Call them and discuss your personal program. I plan on making this a once a year regiment. It was a little pricey for me but I think our health is worth it. There are options if one does not want to do the total detox programs. I felt incredible after and after 7 days from my check out I still feel the positive effects of my re-set. April Ree aka Sweet Mama does some raw food and soup classes. ( there is soup in the evening in the fasting lounge)
A true retreat!!!

Room Tip: For singles the suites that I stayed in are very nice. If coming as a couple I would recommend one of the cabins.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Deborah L

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. There is no better compliment to us then when someone leaves feeling revived! We are so happy to hear that you took advantage of so many of the treatments that we offer, and the fact that you mentioned coming back once a year makes us smile! We can't wait to have you visit again!

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I was just looking to get away for a few days and have some beauty treatments. This place came recommended so I thought I would give it a go. So thankful I did. I have been to many retreats around the world, and by far, this was my favorite. From having my own lovely cabin facing the woods, to some of the best holistic treatments and educational sessions (which I intend to use in my day to day life), it was all great. I spent five days and the team made sure everything was organized, yet relaxed and easy.

I cannot say enough about this place and will be back.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Hbdunne

The fact that you have been to many retreats around the world, and you give Deer Lake such a wonderful review makes our day! We are so happy you enjoyed your cozy cabin, and that you took advantage of so many of our spa treatments. Please let us know when you are ready to come back and relax!

Reviewed 24 September 2016

A day at Deer Lake Lodge Resort and Spa is the best remedy to recover from a Las Vegas vacation or any fast paced vacation/activity that can run a person's body down. After my 3 day trip to Vegas and late nights, I looked worn out and haggard. One day at Deer Lake revitalized me, replenished the moisture in my body and restored my looks to make me feel fantastic. I am going back again this weekend because i love the way it makes me feel (even though the first treatment brought me back to 100%). What a beautifully designed spa.

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful. Very peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo

We are happy to hear that we could help you recover from your Vegas Trip. We appreciate your kind words and hope that you continue to come back and visit us!