All reviewsfront deskmarriott rewardswafflesrooms are nicewould stay againfree breakfastgreat place to staysan marcosstayed here for one nightdesk staffindoor poolbed was comfortablefitness centernice breakfasttop floorhot tubthe river
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

My room wasn’t clean at all.
First I noticed the carpet wasn’t clean, then looking around everything was very dusty. Restroom wasn’t clean, lamp dresser and bedroom shelf’s was more dusty than my own house. Not happy at all.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank njnorrell
Stephen W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness issues experienced during your stay. At our hotel we strive for the highest levels of excellence and want our guests to walk away from their stay completely satisfied. If you have time I would be happy to speak with you regarding your stay and discover some more details about your less then perfect stay.

Sincerely

Stephen Wenzel
830-626-3133

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

My family of 5 stayed in a “suite” which was a very large room with 2 queens & a sofa bed. The beds were all comfortable and everything was very clean. The wifi worked well. The free breakfast had enough selections to satisfy everyone. Staff is very polite and helpful. Overall a pleasant and relaxing stay.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

My house flooded in November 2016 and my family of 6 stayed at this property for just over a month. We had 2 rooms. While we were there, I asked to put both rooms on my rewards account and was assured that it would be taken care of. Fast forward to today, I go to book another room in another city and ask to use my reward points since I’m sure I have plenty accumulated. I’m informed that I don’t have any reward points because apparently the hotel staff never put my stay from November/December 2016 on my rewards account. I spoke to the rewards department directly and was told that since it had been over 18 months, there is nothing they could do about it. I then called the manager at the Fairfield Inn, Justine Broadway. She didn’t help me either and told me the same thing. Both made it seem like it was my fault because I didn’t catch it within 18 months. I spent a lot of time and money at this property to be treated this way. So although the staff is friendly, beware! In addition, the rooms and breakfast are mediocre. I would definitely recommend spending your money at a different property that is more honest and more worth the money. Definitely will not stay at another Fairfield Inn or Marriott property!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Stephen W, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New Braunfels, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Good Afternoon Tiffany,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to start off by extending my sincerest apologizes for the issue you experienced with your points. We as a staff and a hotel strive for nothing but the highest levels of Integrity, honesty, service, and value. I completely understand your frustration towards this matter and how it can feel as if you were lied to. I assure you that we tried everything in our power as a staff to right the wrongs that were experienced. Unfortunately the 18 month policy that Marriott refereed to is out of our control and we sincerely apologize for that. In regards to your response to the rooms and breakfast I am happy to inform you that since your stay in 2016 we have undergone a renovation and revamped our breakfast program to be more conducive to our everyday Fairfield traveler and guest. Please, if there is anything additional we can provide or assist with, do not hesitate to reach out to me directly at the hotel.

Sincerely

Stephen Wenzel
830-626-3133

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

The hotel was in a convenient location and was very affordable compared to others in the area. I love the beds and pillows at Marriott hotels. The breakfast was just average (waffles, eggs, sausage, cereal...). It was quiet and the room was comfortable. The hallway was rather warm once you get above the lobby.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank matts905
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We spent one night here, and it was okay, but a few oddities/ missed opportunities to mention.

First was how warm the corridor outside our 2nd floor room was; it was like there was no air conditioning on out there. The hallway carpeting was the usual bizarrely colorful patterned carpet that one often sees in hotels - where do they find this stuff?!? - and the stains on said carpeting were numerous, large and noticeable.

Second was the Wifi, which did not work. We were able to connect, but it did nothing. We called the front desk to report the problem, but it was still not working when we left the next morning. Very annoying.

We had thought we might go for a swim in the small indoor pool, but the chlorine fumes were too strong in there to bear. Might there be some way to air it out?

In our bathroom, we had one shampoo and four conditioners, and no hand lotion. Not a big deal, just odd.

Last, while the breakfast bar was adequate, we did not see anyone attending it for the first 15 minutes we were there. Several items needed to be refilled, but when the attendant did arrive, she didn't seem to be taking care of it.

The location is good, and the coffee being available all day was a big plus to this weary traveler - thank you!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family