“Best Gyros!”
Review of Pop N Pita's

Pop N Pita's
Ranked #99 of 241 Restaurants in Odessa
Price range: US$3 - US$14
Description: Different styles of Gyro sandwiches , Greek food, Pizza, Calzones, and Salads... Much more!!
Reviewed 9 May 2017

The hummus and taboulleh was not inspiring, but the gyro sandwich was great. Stuffed with meat and vegetables. Choice of white or wheat pita and choice of meats and 10 different styles. Pickles, tomatoes, onions, different sauces. I had a beef and lamb gyro on wheat shawarma style with pickles and it was great. The place is not impressive for drive up appeal, but for a quick sandwich it was perfect.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

So delicious! Yes, the service is slow. If you don't want to wait I suggest you call in your order.

We had a Falafa Pita, a Calzone, and chicken on a skewer. The food was so fresh! The calzones were HUGE. My chicken was moist...such a welcomed surprise. I also had the rice, potatoes, and salad. Each item had it own distinctive flavor.

Oh so worth going to again.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We had family in town and wanted to do something different...... my husband had tried this once before and was HOOKED.. so he suggested Pop N Pita's... our company went politely and it wasn't until after that they told us they weren't excited about it... they changed their minds after eating the food... At our table we had a calzone, several gyros several ways, appetizer, spanakopita, hummus and the garlic sauce and pitas!....I would choose their pitas over a homemade tortilla ANY day... AND baklava,... no other words for that.. The woman taking orders was VERY helpful! If you're wanting to go somewhere with great ambiance, go somewhere else... If you're wanting great food, go here!!

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Pop n Pitas is hands down the most unique and delicious restaurant I've tried in Odessa. I've lived here more than ten years and there has never been a restaurant like this! The food is fresh, hot, and so flavorful. The cuisine is mostly Greek but they also offer pizza and calzones if you don't like Greek. The pita bread is the best I've ever had, the tzaziki is PERFECT. To top it off, it's VERY affordable for the area, especially for a mom and pop shop! An enormous gyro with all the fixins is only $7 and some change, including tax! For picky kids they have pita pizzas too, a great place for the whole family! If you're tired of the same old tacos and burgers fare you find on every street in Odessa, give this place a try. It's something different and SO GOOD! You won't find a fancy venue when you come in, but the quality is all in their outstanding product!

Reviewed 11 January 2017

We continue to like this restaurant because the lamb is excellent. But this time we decided to try their pizza. It was not good. The bottom of the crust was burned and was as tough as wet cardboard. The dough in the middle of the crust was raw. We couldn't eat it.

But we still go back for the gyros. Just stay away from the pizza.

Been to Pop N Pita's? Share your experiences!