“Best BBQ in Odessa”

Rockin' Q Smokehouse
Ranked #104 of 248 Restaurants in Odessa
Reviewed 29 March 2015

The Rockin' Q Smokehouse has the best BBQ in Odessa. They smoke their brisket long enough to make it tender. Their main competitor in town takes shortcuts and, as a result, serves tough brisket.

Reviewed 16 February 2015

This restaurant is said to have been voted the best in Odessa for several years running. I stopped by to check it out, and ordered a 2-meat meal...ribs, chicken and double fries. My chicken did not have much flavor and the ribs were decent. But the fries were hideous. They tasted like they were made it old grease...and I doubled them! They were very hard, orange-looking and crunchy. Needless to say, I did not enjoy my meal.

Reviewed 3 September 2014

I will start with the fact I am normally not impressed with barbecue joints. One place in Crosby, TX is the only I have ever left and said "Wow". This place was able to compete well with them, and since I was about 600 miles from Crosby, it definitely satisfied my cravings. The brisket was as good as you will find at any restaurant. Although good brisket doesn't really need sauce(and this didn't demand it), they had a couple different sauces to choose from that were pretty good. The sides were good, although maybe a bit smaller than a Texas man would like. I also tried the pulled pork which was better than most I've had, but I felt needed a sweet kick to contrast the well-executed smoke flavor. Speaking of the smoke flavor, I think that is what made their barbecue so good. At many places, the smoke feels forced or imitated, or possibly non-existent, which ruins barbecue, in my opinion. That was not the case here. Not too much, not too little smoke- great balance.
I tried the spicy sausage links my coworker had ordered, and I wouldn't recommend getting that. It wasn't bad, but at a place that actually knows what they're doing with brisket and pork, it paled in comparison.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Just found this by chance and glad we did. Very nice place. Great food and atmosphere. Games for the kids a nice bonus

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was told by the locals that this was the "Best" bbq in town. The brisket was so tough and tasteless that shoe leather may have been better. The only thing I can say good about the restaurant is the busman was very nice!