“What Happened?”

Rockin' Q Smokehouse
Ranked #89 of 260 Restaurants in Odessa
Reviewed 9 July 2016

Went with the family, all you can eat rib night. Ordered, sat down, got the condiments and sauce. Order up!
Where was the potato salad. About the size of a golf ball. Had good flavor, just very small portion compared to previous visits. Coleslaw was runny and not too much on the flavor side.
Now the ribs. Fat, a lot of fat. And the ribs I did consume must have been the previous days leftovers. Dry, very tough and just not a very great experience.
Something has happened to this place who always served a decent and tasty meal.
Management needs to clean house, get back to basics.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank usmcpride

Reviewed 9 June 2016

While there are a lot of restaurants in Odessa that serve BBQ in some form or fashion in Odessa, and Rockin' Q does a great job with theirs. I had the sliced beef and smoked sausage combo while my buddy had the ribs, and both of us commented on how good the food was. Portions were not too large and everything was done right. The staff was friendly, the restaurant was very clean and the prices were reasonable. We'll definitely be back again the next time we're in town.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 27 July 2015

I Had the ribs, wow ! ! lots of meat, not dried out, tastey !! ! Dont no how dickeys stays in buisness, with these guys around ! ! !

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 29 March 2015

The Rockin' Q Smokehouse has the best BBQ in Odessa. They smoke their brisket long enough to make it tender. Their main competitor in town takes shortcuts and, as a result, serves tough brisket.

Date of visit: March 2015
Reviewed 16 February 2015

This restaurant is said to have been voted the best in Odessa for several years running. I stopped by to check it out, and ordered a 2-meat meal...ribs, chicken and double fries. My chicken did not have much flavor and the ribs were decent. But the fries were hideous. They tasted like they were made it old grease...and I doubled them! They were very hard, orange-looking and crunchy. Needless to say, I did not enjoy my meal.

Date of visit: February 2015