“Good BBQ if you want something quick”
Review of True Texas BBQ

True Texas BBQ
Ranked #175 of 246 Restaurants in Odessa
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Description: Treat your family to fantastic All-Natural brisket, pork ribs, turkey, chicken, sausage, and pulled pork smoked on-site over Texas Post Oak, along with an assortment of traditional sides and the best banana pudding you've ever had. Great sandwiches as a quick lunch option. Available for dine-in or carryout. Reserve Party Packs for 6 or more online.
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Food was good, but not as good as other reviews make it out to be. We exchanged the cream corn because of the taste. The brisket beans are good. Brisket overall was good, but not the best in Odessa. Potatoes are huge and can easily be shared. Sandwiches are also generous portions.

Kristin I, Owner at True Texas BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2016

Hi Michele, Thanks for taking the time to review our Odessa location. I appreciate the feedback. Hope to see you on your next trip out here.

Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Very Very Very Good Food & Affordable.....

Brenda & Tina put together my order.
I bought the party pack for 12 with a side order of 2lbs of ribs. Our party pack came with sliced turkey, sliced brisket, potato salad, brisket beans, green beans, 2 loaves of bread, 2 pints of BBQ sauce (they have different types of BBQ sauce: North Carolina, Kansas, & Texas), 1 pint of pickles , 1 pint of onions, & big pan of banana pudding (THEY THREW IT IN THE ORDER FOR FREE.. OMG)

The staff works so hard to get your order right, to the the point of you almost feeling guilty that you have some one working that hard on your behalf. HEB has really gotta winning idea here. And I really hope they take care of the employees working for them that makes the TRUE BBQ concept work so well.

THANKS BRENDA & TINA FOR YOUR HARD WORK AT THE ODESSA LOCATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every single item in my order was better than any BBQ restaurant I've been to here in Texas. The Banana Pudding was the real star of our party once everybody ate, then decided to have some desert. Grown men actually started arguing who was gonna take the last of the pudding...lol..smh.

Portions are large, and even though we had a party pack for 12. It was easily enough food for 15 ppl.

This concept by HEB seems to only be in West Texas, where I work currently. However, I sure wish they'd bring it to the Houston & Sugar Land & Katy Areas.

Kristin I, Owner at True Texas BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Thank you for the great feedback. Tina and Brenda both take great care of our guests every day.

We are growing and hopefully will be closer to your home in Katy and Sugarland soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2015

My wife and I visited on several occasions and although the meat is tantalizing, there's little of it. I have gone two other times and either there was either a lot of fat or too little meat. I even had 'lean' brisket and it has a lot of fat on it. The food really does taste great, I just guess you have to get the right piece of meat.

True T, Owner at True Texas BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2016

James - I apologize that you've not had the type of experience I want you to have. The cutters should be weighing all meat portions to insure that you get exactly what you ordered. Please ask for Stephen or Chad next time you are in.

Been to True Texas BBQ? Share your experiences!