“Very Unique”
Review of Lima Taverna

Lima Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Lima Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #139 of 1,019 Restaurants in Plano
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: Peru come to Dallas with Lima Taverna a new restaurant concept presenting Peruvian Cuisine in contemporary atyle. " Our mission of gastronomic is simply heaving something natural,ingenious and unique"
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Rare to find Peruvian food in Dallas, let alone Plano. Tough to find, but worth it. Located off of Plano Parkway on the circle road around Collin Creek Mall. Excellent food and Service. Definitely worth it.

Reviewed 14 February 2018

We went on a Saturday night - at 6:30 there were only 2 other tables, besides ours, occupied. The entire restaurant was drafty and we couldn't find a warm place to sit.
Our first server didn't speak enough English to understand our request for a wine list. My husband ended up going to the bar to place our wine order. Our second server was only slightly better when she came to take our dinner order. No one offered to explain any of the items on the menu.
My husband said the ceviche was good. He also ordered the stew and he said the meat that he could actually chew had good flavor, but that most of the meat was too chewy. I ordered a salad and the dressing was straight lemon juice, so I wasn't able to eat it. When our plates were picked up, no one bothered to ask why I was sending back a full plate of salad and at this point, I just wanted to leave.
We won't be back.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Had visited in the past and had to return when I came to town again. I wasn't disappointed. The Lomo Saltado was excellent -- with the freshest, choicest pieces of meat I've ever had in that dish. The Papa a la Huancaina was excellent and equally as fresh. The owner is very friendly and makes sure every dish comes out just the way it's planned. Best yet, now they make their own quinoa bread. A must visit for those that love Peruvian food!

Reviewed 11 February 2018

First, a minor disclosure, I'm Peruvian, so my review is slightly bias as I have had Peruvian food throughout my childhood and the bar is quite high. I just moved to this area about a couple of weeks ago and all day I have been craving Ceviche. Since my husband is not around cooking ceviche for one is kinda of lame, so I ventured out and tried Lima Taverna. The service was good, there were a couple of waiters who were very attentive, the music was comtemporary, it had a young vibe, and the place was very clean.
I ordered Ceviche Mixto and Lomo Saltado. The ceviche had the main ingredients but it was missing salt and it had too much garlic (and I LOVE garlic). The Lomo Saltado was definitely better than Ceviche. I also ordered some fried yucca and it was pretty good too; however they served it with a bland huancaina sauce. Overall, they were courteous, they offered me a free dessert, but the food was average.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

We had an excellent meal at a different type of restaurant for the Dallas area, Peruvian. The Lima Taverna is hidden on the backside of a strip shopping center at the NW corner of 75 and Plano Pkwy and is well worth finding. The menu has a large complement of fish dishes, but also has some poultry, beef and pork. The interior is spacious and attractive, so you are not sitting in the middle of your neighbor's conversations. They had a 2 person combo playing some So. American influenced music at a comfortably low volume that didn't interfere with your discussion. We started our meal with a pleasantly spicy ceviche. My wife choose the Pollo Con Arroz (roasted chicken with cilantro rice) and I chose the Parihuela (seafood stew). Both were generous portions and wonderful. The broth in the stew contained different spices than I am used to in fish stews and I am glad I chose it. Though quite full we just had to have a piece of Tres Leches cake. One of the best I have ever had, extremely moist and not overly sweet. Currently the restaurant does not have a liquor license, but I knew that and came prepared with a Spanish Albarino that went well with our dishes. If you didn't bring something to drink, they would give you some wine at no charge. The only problem we had was that the service was pretty disjointed. They got all our orders correct, but there were some delays where we would have appreciated some attention from the wait staff. We were not in a rush, which it appeared was the same with most of the other people dining this evening, so it wasn't a big issue. Overall it was a very pleasant dinner and we plan on returning to explore the menu further.

Been to Lima Taverna? Share your experiences!