“Some Good ...some just OK”
Review of True Food Kitchen

True Food Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
True Food Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 1,020 Restaurants in Plano
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 19 June 2018

We haven't been to this restaurant since it first opened as we through their portion sizes were small for the price paid. Decided to give it another shot. The portion sizes have definitely improved and the food is still very good. We really enjoyed their lettuce wrap appetizers (just amazing)!

Be sure to make a reservation or go early to get a table. Service was good, but they did have a few hick-ups.....appetizer came out after our meal and my husbands order was missing all of the vegetables in his dish. It was a vegan dish, so pretty obvious their was an issue with the order. Waitress should have caught this before it made it to the table, especially since she brought out two orders of the same bowl at the exact same time. Of course they corrected it immediately, but it was a bit surprising that this type of mistake would happen. I don't think I will be able to get my husband back to this restaurant again as it was father's day weekend and he didn't feel like he got the father's day treatment.

Comment for the restaurant, keep water glasses full or leave a pitcher on the table. Nothing worse than having to constantly ask for water.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Loved the healthy options available and fresh flavorful menu items. (GF vegan, veg) Outdoor dining, great atmosphere. Wanted to try everything on the menu. Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

I generally eat healthy food at home so when I eat out maybe I am seeking something a little tastier even if if it is not the best for me. If I did not prepare healthy food at home this would be an option for me. We came here Sunday evening and met up with our extended family. No one raved about how good the food was as we generally do at other restaurants.
Our server did an excellent job and all the entrees were brought to the table at the same time. Mixed drinks and wine were ok but a bit pricey. Young airhead and arrogant seating hostess were the most unpleasant part of our dining experience.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

True Food has stiff competition in this new area of shops and restaurants (among other things), and it seems to be up to the challenge. This was our second visit and both experiences were excellent. The menu was wide and varied, with an unusual number of fresh vegetarian, vegan and/or gluten-free options. Prices are reasonable for this upscale locale.

Wait staff is friendly, efficient and well trained.

This place gets noisy when busy and patio dining (in the shade) is the best option to avoid having to shout across the table.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Great place. Took friends there and sat out on the patio. They allowed us to let our dog sit outside with us and brought out a dish of water for him. Nice touch. Our server was wonderful...friendly and efficient. He was very busy but he treated us like we were the only customers there. Cucumber collins was delicious. We had vegans, vegetarians and carnivores in our group and we were all very happy with our meals. Their quinoa bowl was delectable as was the squash casserole. The veggie starter had an incredible presentation and the vegetables were fresh and crunchy with tasty and unique dips. Prices were reasonable. We had a great time and we will definitely return.

Been to True Food Kitchen? Share your experiences!