“First Visit Was a Good One”
Review of urbanrio

urbanrio
Ranked #144 of 935 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Next Mex
Description: Next Mex
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Was invited by new friends where everyone was new to this establishment. They had seen good reviews and invited us as a result. Great place. Good locale. Good atmosphere. Good food. I had the stuffed Pablano Pepper and was real good. My wife had the Chicken Tinga and was good as well. She let me taste it and I finished her leftovers. Guac was good but was overly salty. Could have been just today's batch. Server was very nice and food came as ordered. It was good enough to go back.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Authentic furnishings garnish a great meal. Our party enjoyed Tacos and enchiladas. The portions were generous. The taste was great. The service was stellar. You will enjoy the ample parking across the street. The authentic, yet modern, feel of the restaurant as you enjoy a tantalizing meal. I recommend highly.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

The pork tamales, chicken quesadilla and chicken fajitas were excellent. The waiter was very attentive and we never waited for a drink refill. My only warning is the free beans that comes with the hot sauce and chips has cinnamon in it. The beans that come with the meal are regular.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Great, fresh tasting food! Loved the fajitas and the stuffed avocado. For dessert, they have amazing custard! Fun upstairs patio and very upbeat vibe! Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed 5 February 2017

I was so happy to find this gem, pulled in the parking lot and entered the establishment cold, and what a great find it was. Beautiful and cheery hostess gave me a couple of different table options, and suggested the best one for this poor businessman that needed to eat alone and work on the laptop. Then, Erica, my educated server, came up and surprised me with her knowledge of gluten intolerance people. She confidently and convincingly assured me that the kitchen would take care of cross contamination, and that the owners are passionate and respect the needs of clients with allergies or health concerns. The menu clearly identifies gluten free and/or vegetarian (see photo). Erica gave me peace of mind, and boy my gluten free restaurant made corn chips and corn tortillas are tasty, fresh, and overall, the meal was great. Visit this gem, it is worth the drive from downtown. Seems they have great margaritas as well, but I didn't try one this time. I will be back!!! Even the borracho beans are prepared with gluten free beer; this place is awesome. Menu is online, check it out.