“Great Place for a Large Gathering”
Review of Mexican Sugar

Mexican Sugar
Reserve with OpenTable
Mexican Sugar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 1,009 Restaurants in Plano
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We are your go to destination for delicious scratch-made Pan-Latin cuisine and a refreshing cocktail. Open for lunch, dinner, happy hour and brunch!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had dinner for my birthday at Mexican Sugar with about 30 of my friends/family. MS accommodated us exceptionally well. They allowed us to have separate checks and an open menu. In addition, we were allowed to bring a cake, which they stored while we were eating. The atmosphere is fun and festive. We had an enjoyable time.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

My first visit was on 6/5/18 for a team birthday lunch. I ordered the fish tacos and cilantro lime rice. The tortillas were red, which was weird but they tasted very normal. For appetizers we had guacamole and queso. The food was good. It wasn’t anything spectacular where I feel I need to go back. I did NOT like the salsa. It was very watery and no flavor. The service was good. There are a lot of Mexican options in DFW and for me this is another one where I can say, been there, ate that. This place is average and I cannot believe people wait for hours to eat here on the weekend.

Reviewed 1 June 2018

So lets start with the price vs. what you get for that price. The beers are big prices for small glasses..even draft. The margaritas are tiny...thats why the bartenders are crazy busy..making more and more tiny drinks. Now for the food, the scallops, you get 4 for $25 (they were good though), the tortilla soup, had no tortilla's (had to ask for them) and a small bowl of Queso for 8 bucks. Bottom line, nice atmosphere large but way too expensive for what they give you.

Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Food was excellent and staff was very friendly and service was great. They have a great selection of authentic Mexican food and the drink menu has a large selection of craft beers and mixed drinks. The food was very good and price was reasonable!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Honestly thats what I remember, food was delicious!! A perfect end to a great weekend of training. Love travelling to larger cities with competing restaurants, this makes each place find its niche, duel for the freshest ingredients and sparks creativity.

Been to Mexican Sugar? Share your experiences!