“Missed it by that much!”
Review of That Takes the Cake - CLOSED

That Takes the Cake
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 28 July 2015

We were in town for my parents 40th anniversary and my brothers 38th birthday. Was going to order a cake for the occasions however they were closed for the entire month of July. I understand that as a fellow cake baker/decorator to another! Enjoy the time off I am sure it is well deserved. Your menu looks amazing

portatam, Owner at That Takes the Cake, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2015

Dear RudyU,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review my business, That Takes the Cake Port A!! I am so sorry that I missed making a cake for your July celebration. July is one of my most busy months and I'm usually here on the island just baking up a storm for my happy cake customers. This July however, a lot of family events got scheduled both in and out of town. I had so many extended family members coming to visit, and places that we were going to meet family out of town and state, that my booking, baking, and delivering cakes would have kept me from visiting loved ones I hadn't seen in a while or enjoying family while they were here visiting me. Alas, a decision had to be made, of whether to put family on the back burner, or do a few less cakes this year. I chose family, which made me not able to bake a cake for you this time... I hope you give me a call if you need a cake in the future as I would love to bake for your next Port A celebration....my cakes are really yummy.... Have a blessed day and thanks again for your review...Tammy Bundy

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our son was at fishing camp in Port Aransas over his 13th Birthday. At the last minute, Tammy was able to make 3 dozen, delicious cupcakes and deliver them to the camp for us.

They were perfect!

1  Thank redheadtx1
Reviewed 5 August 2014

When my in-laws decided to celebrate their 50th anniversary in Port Aransas and Rockport, the search was on for a cake. We didn't want to get something from the grocery store, and honestly, I haven't been too impressed with some of the bakeries in Corpus Christi. So after a little research, I settled on That Takes the Cake. Tammy could not have been nicer or easier to work with, and she was able to make exactly what we asked for: a beach themed lemon cake with raspberry filling. I could not have asked for a more perfect cake for the celebration. The cake was not only gorgeous, it was absolutely delicious! And most importantly, the guests of honor were thrilled with it.

Our celebration was in May 2013. Sorry for the delay in reviewing That Takes the Cake. I would have left this review earlier if I had known she was on Trip Advisor!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Check out Tammy Bundy's pictures for That Takes the Cake on facebook!!! They are beautiful and great-tasting! yummy

Reviewed 7 April 2014

The birthday cake we ordered was not only BEAUTIFUL but it was melt in your mouth awesome! We came to Port Aransas for a vacation and celebrated my Daughter's birthday while we were there. Tammy delivered it to our hotel - it really made this birthday special. I could not say enough good things to express our appreciation and enjoyment.

1  Thank Marilyn F