BEST WESTERN Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$169
Plantation Suites(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$148
Hotels.com
Days Inn by Wyndham Port Aransas TX(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$169
Island Hotel Port Aransas(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$160
US$155
The Place Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
US$155
Captain's Quarters Inn(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$160
US$144
Amelia's Landing Hotel(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$135
Camp Coyoacan(Port Aransas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$110
US$107
Hotels.com
US$136
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe room was nicefull kitchenportupgradesrentacrestrooms
Reviewed 25 June 2015

I have stayed at Tropic Island on several occasions. I love that it's on the quieter side of the island away from most of the traffic. There's a Mexican restaurant right down the road which is convenient for a quick bite before you hit the beach. The rooms are always clean and the staff is very friendly. The prices are very reasonable all year long; they're especially reasonable during peak season which is quite a relief from the other places on the island. The pool area is a little small but very enjoyable. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2015

I learned how to swim at the Tropic Island 46 years ago when I was 3 years old. I have gone back almost every year and I have never had an issue with the owners or the hotels. Obviously the building has been around a while, but the layout of the property is very kid friendly and easy to get around. The inside of the rooms are very clean and up to date. Remember please, that you are at the coast and not Las Vegas. I regularly see the same people every year and that is good to know. If you act like a human and not an animal at this hotel you will never hear from management. I am looking forward to the new pool. The old man that owned it back in the 70's used to let me help clean it. It was time to refresh that area and I am happy it got done. See you guys this summer! Sincerely, Jeff Wilson and family

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2015 via mobile

The owners are very Rude. Call me crazy, but I stayed there again. The rooms smell, and are old and out dated. I had to purchase my own linen. There are nicer places there. Stay at you own risk. I warned you.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
4  Thank John P
Ken G, Manager at Tropic Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

It is unfortunate to read your review. I have worked here for one year and we rarely get complaints. We take pride in our rooms along with our entire resort. We offer the cleanest rooms in Port Aransas, while they might not be the most luxurious they are the cleanest. The owner is busy running a business, and I'm sorry you thought he was rude. Hope you enjoyed our newly remodeled pool area now offering 2 pools and 2 hot tubs. Everyone loves it here at Tropic Island Resort!

Reviewed 14 June 2015

My husband and I stayed at the Tropic Island Resort in an efficiency suite for 2 nights. We were here during the height of summer tourist season when the Tropic Island Resort was much less expensive than the nearby chain motels. All considered, it's a solid place to stay. I can only speak for our little room, but it was extremely clean. As others have noted, the motel is older but has been kept up. The efficiency suite is teeny tiny -- you definitely couldn't stay here with more than 2 people. It's more like a very small studio apartment. It was so small, that it was tricky to find a place to put our suitcases down without tripping over them (but completely fine for a couple of days). The refrigerator was awesome -- it was really hot while we were here, and the refrigerator kept drinks at a great temperature. The small a/c unit worked very well, and kept us cool all night. The bathroom is super small, but the shower (particularly the hot water) was just fine and was enough for our needs. The staff was pleasant. Although we didn't use the swimming pool, it looked exceptionally clean, and I noticed the staff cleaning it each morning.

The only reason I would take 1 star off on this review is for the bed (particularly the pillows) and just the overall cost. The bed was not very comfortable (too firm for our tastes). But, we could've endured the firm bed better if we'd had more pillows. We only had 2 pillows (so 1 pillow each), and they were just really flat. If we were to come and stay again, I'd bring my own pillows (BYOP), as that would've allowed us a better night's sleep. In fact, putting more pillows in the room is really the one main improvement I'd suggest to the owners/managers of this motel.

Considering that the rooms here are no frills, free wi-fi isn't provided, and there is no provided continental breakfast, we felt the cost was just a little bit too high for what you get, compared to other parts of the country. However, the truth of the matter is that hotels/motels in Port A are all expensive. We prefer Port A in the Fall/Spring anyway, when costs are typically lower, and the weather is not as hot.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2015

RV sites are a little tight to maneuver a 40' motorhome. Recommend you have a surge protector as my motorhome was damaged due to a voltage spike. Not the fault of the RV park, But did end up renting a hotel room for the night which was clean and pleasant. Pool(s) and hot tub(s) area are first class. RV park/hotel was quite and very convenient to the beach. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple