All reviews the room was nice full kitchen port upgrades ac
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

The front desk attendant was very helpful when we extended our stay r/t family member crisis...will be staying her again in September ..the room was clean . The pools were wonderful....great location .. Y'all need a ice machine.. Will be staying here again in September

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Denisa W
Reviewed 2 July 2016

Rude. Terrible. Raised our rates AFTER we already had reserved. And they refused to honor our reservation. Found a much better place with nice people that work there SUZIE. I did cuss at her, but she deserved it. That and a lot more.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Brenda S
Dawna F, Front Office Manager at Tropic Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2016

Brenda, I'm sorry we did an rate increase, and that you did not approve of that. Also, I'm sorry that you think we do bad business because of it. The new owners did a rate increase to make many upgrades and improvements to the property for our guests to have a better stay. We hope you can give Tropic Island Resort another chance for a great stay!

Thank you!

Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

Worst customer service I have ever encountered. The "manager" should go to management classes because they do not know how to speak to customers. I hope the owners will reevaluate their staff and actually monitor their calls that they make. Awful awful awful. I can't write enough reviews to explain how horrible of an experience it was speaking with the staff. Do yourself a favor and stay at one of the many other RV resorts on the island.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Katie A
Dawna F, Front Office Manager at Tropic Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2016

Katie, I'm sorry we did an rate increase, and that you did not approve of that. Also, I'm sorry that you think we do bad business because of it. The new owners did a rate increase to make many upgrades and improvements to the property for our guests to have a better stay. We hope you can give Tropic Island Resort another chance for a great stay!

Thank You!

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

We have stayed many times. Usually due to the price amd good location. The price is now creeping higher. I have no real complaints. I do take issue with the fact that they changed the policy on cancellations. They now charge your card for one full night when you book and is not refundable at all of you have a change in plans. They tell you this AFTER they charge your card for the reservation. I stay in a lot of hotels and that is pretty unheard of. They also need to step up dealing with bugs in the rooms.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank flori-texan
Dawna F, Front Office Manager at Tropic Island Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2016

Hi Sir! Thank you for your review. We depend on reviews to make a better stay for our guests!
We apologize about the bugs. This is an issue we have during the summer season. We have pest control here once a month to resolve this issue. Along with maintenance having spray on hand! We are surrounded by the palm trees which is more than likely the base of this issue. We are working on it!
Thank you!

Reviewed 17 May 2016 via mobile

If you are looking to stay with cockroaches, this is the place for you! Live and dead ones in room. Live ones found in kitchen cabinets with the dishes. Very small rooms that you could barely walk to get to one side of the bed. If you are a big person, forget getting to the toilet. No room from sink to toilet.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family