“Casual lunch took over 1 hour for food to arrive!!”

Castaways Seafood and Grill
Ranked #33 of 83 Restaurants in Port Aransas
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Food was good but the service was terrible. It took over an hour to get our food and waitress didn't even apologize from the wait. We were going to leave if it hadn't showed up in a few minutes. Food was good just bad service.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Strike one- my daughter ordered a Sprite. What she received tasted like club soda. It certainly was not a Sprite
Strike two - we ordered hush puppies as an appetizer to share. The menu stated that it was 8 hush puppies. This worked well since there were 4 of us. When the order arrived it was 7 hush puppies. My wife told the waitress that it was supposed to be an order of 8. The waitress said that the order was correct it is only supposed to be 7. We asked her to check the menu. She returned and said that we were correct. The waitress stated that the menu had been changed but that the staff was not informed. Strike three- the waitress brought out a plate with an additional hush puppy. My son bit into it and it was crisp on the outside but raw inside. This was the final strike. Our waitress was not around so we informed the hostess that we wanted to cancel our order. She contacted the manager. The manager apologized. She stated that they were out of Sprite, but that they were not aware of it when they brought our drink. The manager comped us for the salad that I had already eaten and my drink along with the non-Sprite that my daughter had. I was disappointed by the service we had, but I appreciated the manager's apology.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The customer service is so bad! My husband went in to ask how long the wait was, greeter number one responded that it would be an hour, greeter number two piped up very rudely that it would be two and they were going to close before we got a seat. Wow, we drove into Corpus and ate at the Salt Water Grill which had superb customer service, romantic/upscale atmosphere, amazing food, and no wait at all. I would skip the castaways and drive out there instead.

Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

There was a wait but Steven (Estevan) was a fabulous waiter. Food was great. The 1/2 lb(more than that) of shrimp which came out surprisingly warm but with the butter sauce dip yum! Seafood came out hot and fresh

Reviewed 17 July 2017

My husband and I split the big Ultimate Combo Seafood and got an extra salad. Our server was Elli and she was so accommodating. Everything was prepared the correct way, the food came out on time, arrange beautiful and tasted great.