“Easy beach access for people and pets!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Port Aransas
Seaside Motel and Condominiums
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Port Aransas
Reviewed 26 August 2017

We have stayed at the Seaside Motel every single year for the past 15 years. We've seen management change over time, but we've always stayed on the back side in a king room and have built traditions there with ourselves and the two different dogs we've had in the course of those years. Our best friends and their little dog have gone with us now for the past four years as well. While it's what we like to call "just a cheap motel," it's so much more than that. The little fridge and microwave make creating a "kitchenette" possible and saves some money on eating out. There's also a vibe amongst the folks who stay there that is really welcoming and laid back.

I've been coming to Port A since I was a child and I'm now 53 years old. My mom always had us stay at one of the little free-standing cottages on "G" street, but we had to drive down to the beach every day... The Seaside allows us to walk down, return to the room by foot when we need something we forgot or to use our own restroom, etc. It's super convenient. They also keep bags of ice for sale in the lobby, which is really convenient.

We don't really like to tell many people about the Seaside because we want to keep it affordable and funky and available to us when we want to go there! But, today, Hurricane Harvey is bearing down and I wanted to write this as my heartfelt missive that it survives this storm so we can continue to go there for the next 15 years and beyond!!!

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you're older, be sure to ask for a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FanofNM

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We came across this place after looking at a few hotels on the beach we only wanted to stay for one night. We first looked at the Dunes which had a room available for 1 bedroom for $349.00. We came across this hotel looked ran down from the outside but stopped in anyway, they only had one room available and it was the penthouse suite which is 1800 sq ft of living space on the 3rd floor takes up the whole backside with beautiful view of the beach. She gave us a discount of $100.00 off the normal price of $329.00 a night . We went up to check out it was very nice. We rented it for the one night.. The only bad thing about that room is not enough bath towels for 4 people. They do give you all the pool towels you need though, There was only 2 tv's in the whole living area and was in the living room and second Bedroom with 2 double beds. The master bedroom had no TV and two closets one for the bedroom across the hall with the 2 double beds.. It had three rooms total and 2 bathrooms. Two king beds and 2 double beds and a hide a couch bed in living room. We ended up staying another night and this room was available after all again but could not get the same price as the first night and did not want to pay the full price of $349. We rented a 1 bedroom with a futon couch bed and king bed in Master for $169.00. This room was not worth the price only one TV and was in the livingroom so very uncomfortable seating. The futon my two teenage boys had to share . Did not like that could not lay in bed and watch tv. I will never rent the 1 bedroom again. I would rather have the two beds in one room with the tv to share. I would stay there again as long as I get the penthouse, bring my own towels and blankets for the discount rate preferably. I feel it is overpriced because of the lack of tvs in the place.

Room Tip: make sure you dont mind having television in your rooms
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2017

We like this place and have stayed here several times. It provides the bare minimum for a beach motel. It's pretty old and dingy, but we don't mind since it is right on the beach. We never worry about bringing our dogs and getting the place sandy. It is the cheapest place we've found right on the beach that allows dogs. They don't have blankets on the bed, so we usually bring our own. Staff are friendly and helpful. The best thing about this place is the location just behind the dunes.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hillary H
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

We have come here for decades. Never expected luxury but did expect cleanliness and bug-free. Last year we saw roaches but gave it another chance because of our long history of many great memories here. So we're staying here tonight again and my husband just pointed out a cockroach crawling on the wall behind me. We tentatively planned to stay an extra night or two but .......now not so much. Don't come here unless you're ok with musty smelling rooms and roaches. It's such a disappointment. We've been coming here since our 28 year old son was a toddler. We won't be coming back!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank donna m
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

We stayed in a individually owned unit managed by Beachcomber . It was very nice had 1 bedroom with queen bed and ,futon in living room for my daughter & her husband. (Felt bad it wasn't that comfortable )for kids would be fine. Loved being able to get up walk to the beach or go up on the 3rd floor deck and look out to the ocean. Pool was nice . Overall was enjoyed ourselves . We could have our pets and could cook a few meals that is a huge factor for us. We get tired eating out all the time.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family